2002 Gt aftermarket h/u install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
2002 Gt aftermarket h/u install

OK so my main question is in regards to the mach 1000 system i have done aftermarket installs and all that but never with a factory sub and amp set up i heard there are 3 plugs for the h/u. Now here is the kicker I sold the amps and subs out of my car for 3 car payments! But do i need to worry about the 3rd plug in if i don't have any amps or subs in the back? And yes the plug ins are just hanging out in the trunk not connected to anything
2002gtmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002gtmo View Post
OK so my main question is in regards to the mach 1000 system i have done aftermarket installs and all that but never with a factory sub and amp set up i heard there are 3 plugs for the h/u. Now here is the kicker I sold the amps and subs out of my car for 3 car payments! But do i need to worry about the 3rd plug in if i don't have any amps or subs in the back? And yes the plug ins are just hanging out in the trunk not connected to anything
There are 3 plugs in the dash as you describe. The largest one has all the speakers and tweeters in it. The smaller one has amp controls in it and the medium one that has only a couple wires aren't used when installing a new H/U. If the system works without the amps and subs now, you shouldn't have any problems with the new system. It is a pretty easy install. I soldered and shrink wrapped all my connections with the 12v to 5v amp turn on converter in about an hour. That's amps, main harness, grounds, and converter. So you shouldn't need to worry about the amps wiring harness in the dash. I hope this answered your question. You should only need the main harness.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well i got it figured out. Went to a local audio shop after trying two different harnesses and got the one with three plugs and hooked everything up and got everything working good as new. Turns out a all american rejects cd blew up in my stock head unit thats why the cd played didnt work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Glad you got it figured out. I replaced my M1000 head unit on Sunday with a JVC touch screen. Did you fix your old one or replace it?
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Replaced it the thing was trashed damn mach head units had so much potential

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video