Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Upgrading sound system

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  KATO 
#1 ·
Guys I want to upgrade the sound in my 13 V6 base model. I definitely don't want a sound system that is going to rattle my trunk off but would like a deeper bass than what I have now. I am looking at upgrading all 4 speakers to some Alpine type R's but not sure if u should add a small amp to give the stock unit more power.

Has anyone done this? will it give me a significant upgrade in quality

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
I did all four speakers, a new head unit, and the dash kit all for under $800 and the sound improvement is worth every penny. I did not add an amp then, but today I'm adding subs (picked up a set of premium door panel take offs) to the doors with an amp because the bass just isn't quite there coming out of 6x8s.

Long story short: like Noodles said at least add a small sub to the trunk if you want good, quality sound at all ranges. Even an 8" is worth the trunk space.

#8 · (Edited)
I got them from a guy who bought a wrecked 2011 gt. He bought it for the coyote motor to swap it to a different car , so he had no used for any other parts. You can get it from any salvage mustang. I got mine for 80. He also wanted to sell me the rear leather seats for 100 and the premium color door sills for 30.

#10 ·
Yeah ebay is not a good place to buy parts like that. I wanted more bass, but still have the stock look. So I went that route. I also want to know how to make the ambient lighting work on the premium doors.

#11 ·
I got mine at... eBay. eBay is a great place to get parts for our cars. Almost all of my take offs I've gotten awesome deals on eBay. You just gotta wait for the right deal. I got mine for $300 for the pair.

#15 ·
Yes, had Shaker 500, Switched Speakers first, then switched Head Unit to Kenwood: DPX500BT -CD,MPS,SAT, Bluetooth.
Shelby GT/Kicker: 8" and 6X8" Speakers in front.
JL Audio: 5X7" and 10" Woofer in Rear.
Audio Control LC8i Crossover.
Sound Stream: Rubicon 5 Ch. AMP.
Memphis Audio: 1000D Mono AMP.
Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap.
Sounds nice and the Amps were a Definite Plus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.