Stock Speakers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Stock Speakers

Any idea what brand the stock speakers are in a 2010 GT Premium with the Shaker 500? I'm thinking of upgrading all of them to Kicker, but wanted to make sure I would get some bang for my buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
okiestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiestang View Post
Any idea what brand the stock speakers are in a 2010 GT Premium with the Shaker 500? I'm thinking of upgrading all of them to Kicker, but wanted to make sure I would get some bang for my buck.

Im not sure who makes them, but to be honest the Premium speakers really arent that bad. If they are the same ones I had they are a component set up. If all youre going to swap are the speakers I think you'll find it wont be worth it. I tried the same thing and I was disappointed I went the the time and expense of doing it. I used Kickers too and they didnt sound any better than the stock ones. Now if you have a base system its totally different, but the Shaker speakers are very, very decent with the stock HU.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank u very much. I have been debating making the switch, but will spend my money elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiestang View Post
Thank u very much. I have been debating making the switch, but will spend my money elsewhere.

Of course its your car, but I wouldnt do it again knowing what I do. I agree, buy some thing else.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not sure what shaker system you have that you would think the stock speakers sound good. The stock speakers don't have hardly a magnet and sound horrible. I added the Pioneer speakers and the sound was considerably improved.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
Not sure what shaker system you have that you would think the stock speakers sound good. The stock speakers don't have hardly a magnet and sound horrible. I added the Pioneer speakers and the sound was considerably improved.
The ones I took out of my 14 were a component set. I'm not saying they are, I'm saying for a stock speaker they aren't bad. The Kicker coaxial's I put in didn't sound any better at all. Personally I don't coaxial speakers.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The '14 stock speakers are component, but they still sound horrible.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It's pretty safe to say you will see an improvement over a nice aftermarket speaker vs the stock ones. Premium or not. I started to build my sound system and couldn't finish everything in one night so I just put ONE yes one upgraded component speaker in my drivers side door so I would have something. It was still hooked up to the factory head unit...I kid you not, that one speaker sounded better than my entire stock system combined. Do I have a shaker? No. But I have had other ford "premium" speakers and I'm telling you, they are crap. They are paper cones, low watt speakers. Just replace the 5"x7" door speakers with a decent set of component speakers and come back on here and tell me I was wrong I promise you will thank me.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
It's pretty safe to say you will see an improvement over a nice aftermarket speaker vs the stock ones. Premium or not. I started to build my sound system and couldn't finish everything in one night so I just put ONE yes one upgraded component speaker in my drivers side door so I would have something. It was still hooked up to the factory head unit...I kid you not, that one speaker sounded better than my entire stock system combined. Do I have a shaker? No. But I have had other ford "premium" speakers and I'm telling you, they are crap. They are paper cones, low watt speakers. Just replace the 5"x7" door speakers with a decent set of component speakers and come back on here and tell me I was wrong I promise you will thank me.
I totally disagree only because I did it. When I put in the Kickers and used HU power, it was no different.Yes aftermarket will sound better if you amp them, off the stock HU hell no. The Premium speakers in my car were no papaer. Im not sure what material they are but they are not the cheap paper ones like in the base. It has a 6.5" mid, separate tweeter and a crossover.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I totally disagree only because I did it. When I put in the Kickers and used HU power, it was no different.Yes aftermarket will sound better if you amp them, off the stock HU hell no. The Premium speakers in my car were no papaer. Im not sure what material they are but they are not the cheap paper ones like in the base. It has a 6.5" mid, separate tweeter and a crossover.

Ok maybe I'm wrong about the new premium speakers. I still can't imagine they are as good as a nice component set. But this is one of those situations where everyone has an opinion and there is no right or wrong answer to the question "does it sound better". It's whatever someone thinks sounds good. I was simply amazed about how much of a difference I heard. Again mine isn't a shaker. But they are still labeled "premium " speakers. It's sad.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate all of the advice here. I eventually want to upgrade the entire Shaker system, but it will be in stages. Thanks again to everyone.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Couldn't stand my shaker speakers. Replaced with Focal Ps165 front, Focal AC570 rear, 2 JL 10w1v34 subs and JL 7005v2 amp. Love the system now!! Lost no trunk space with the subs. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1425227029.095006.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	176409

toad 185 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video