Speakers sounding too quiet - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #1

Speakers sounding too quiet

I got in my 2011 v6 Premium this morning to go to school. We've had snow and it's the first time she has been out of the garage in two weeks. I synced my phone up to the shakers system and started playing music and I thought it sounded very quiet. I turned up the volume to nearly half of the maximum and it still was not very loud. The bass was also lacking. I thought that maybe it was the song so I changed it to one that I knew was loud and still nothing. I made sure that the fade and balance hadn't changed. I park in the garage but it has been in the single digits and teens. Could the temperature have effected my speakers?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #2

UPDATE: My subs are barely pushing any air. There is very little bass there. Can the subs blow without being used?
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I doubt its the speakers. Id be more inclined to think its some thing with the amps.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

dont blast subs or speakers when they are cold, it definitely effects them, but after playing for a bit they should be fine to at least turn up some...the cold wont do last damage not to such a new system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

lasting damage* id agree maybe a sub problem or fuse but for them to play at all is wierd, do you mean even the tweaters and everything are quiet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
croach412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Cold weather leads to a lot of cracked cones on speakers and mainly subs. That doesn't account for the low volume. It's never a good idea to run your system rite away when it's cold. Think of condensation for a minute. Glass of ice water in the summer time. What happens??? Same thing applies to your amps when it's cold out. They collect moisture as does the rest of your car when it's cold. It's best to let the car run for 10 min or so before pushing and stereo system. Allow speakers to warm up so u do t damage there motors and allow the Amps to heat up and evaporate any water on them. Sorry for the long story just want it to make sense. But anyways. It's possible you amp is going out due to the cold weather issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video