Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Touch screen head unit

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KP_510 
#1 ·
I want to put a new head unit into my 2014 (mostly because I need the backup camera because I'm terrified my wife will hit a curb since I lowered the car), but I don't quite know what is best. I looked into raxioms one that AM sells but I don't know if that's best from some of the reviews I've read. Plus it's pretty pricy because I need it with sync too. Anyone have any suggestions on what to put in it? I want to do it right, but save as much money as possible if possible
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone

#4 ·
Are you satisfied with it? I've just heard, particularly just from one person, so it's not very reputable, that it's on the cheaper side of touch screens. I mean I wouldn't mind spending the extra 100 dollars to get a better one, but if the raxiom one is just as nice as like say a factory one, I'll probably stick with it. And I'd get the mirror back up camera but I figure since the head unit is only a couple hundred more I might as well get it instead.

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone

#5 ·
Yes I am satisfied with it has backup camera but I got one to go on license plate to keep it clean. Other units need steering wheel controls and other things that add to the price. I like backup camera on head units so you get full screen much larger then mirror. Raxiom unit is a plug & play easy to install. Not saying it is the best but works well for me and the NAV. is good also.

#6 ·
I really like the idea of the raxiom unit. But for me the only real issue with the raxiom is the lack of free map updates. Oem and aftermarket gps solutions really need to get on board with lifetime updates. Hell my $100 Garmin has maps for life.

#7 ·
Old thread is old.... :)

Anybody have an idea of how much Ford would charge me to have the Oem navigation installed into my car? Don't like the look of the Raxiom.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.