Advice Needed on '14 GT sound system! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Region: Florida
Advice Needed on '14 GT sound system!

Hey guys, so a few months ago I picked up a 2014 GT premium, and I kind of hate the sound system in it so i'm changing some things up. Read through a lot and decided on changing the door speakers first, already ordered the Pioneer TSD6802R's for the fronts and will probably get to those this weekend.

Anyways, I need advice, as I am also planning to add a sub and and amp next weekend more than likely. Now i am not an audiophile, I just want something somewhat loud with a good hit. I was looking at the MTX terminator dual 12's on amazon(TNE212D), and they seem good for what I am looking for, but I need advice on an amp to get, (dont need anything "competition grade" or anything like that), as people say the one that amazon recommends is terrible.

Also, I plan on running power from the battery terminal, and using a line output converter from the rear deck speakers for the signal to the amp, and I was looking for advice as to if this was a good way of going about this, as I am a newbie when it comes to wiring car audio, but I don't feel that it is hard enough to warrant paying a shop. - By the way, i am keeping the factory headunit if that makes a difference.

Anyways, thanks for any and all advice/opinions that you guys have.

Harrisonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
Check out the Shelby Store:

Shelby Mustang Exhaust

Ignore that the link says "exhaust" it takes you to their custom Kicker audio stuff.
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video