Stereo swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Stereo swap

Wonder if it would be possible to swap out the main radio unit from one car to another.

My brother is considering purchasing a 2010 GT fully loaded, track pack, nav system etc.

He said he would sell me the nav screen of it is possible to just switch the units. Mine is a 2011 GT with the red leather. Only interior options would be heated seats and the shaker system I guess

Wondering if it is possible, and if it would be easy or hard, cause the one with nav also has dual climate control, but mine doesn't. A few small things like that factor in? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435194746.028650.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	185726Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435194779.703016.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	185727

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Anything can be done but in this case the hvac module is different. You would need wire harnesses and antennas ect. I looked into this on my 14 before I just went aftermarket, honestly it's not worth it. You would literally have to remove half the wiring behind the dash to make it right. Ford integrated wire harnesses into other components so it's mega complicated. That's my .02. Now if your bro is willing to let you pull out EVERYTHING you would need and swap full dash wire harnesses and his auto climate hvac module, pull out all the wiring for the sat antenna nav ect. Maybe it would be worth it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Anything can be done but in this case the hvac module is different. You would need wire harnesses and antennas ect. I looked into this on my 14 before I just went aftermarket, honestly it's not worth it. You would literally have to remove half the wiring behind the dash to make it right. Ford integrated wire harnesses into other components so it's mega complicated. That's my .02. Now if your bro is willing to let you pull out EVERYTHING you would need and swap full dash wire harnesses and his auto climate hvac module, pull out all the wiring for the sat antenna nav ect. Maybe it would be worth it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

so all long as I were to take all the wiring harnesses it would be a good idea? and all mine would just fit into his correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Yeah, but again it's a pretty intense swap. Like wire harnesses that run through the car to the gps antenna would have to be swapped. Do some research on everything it takes man. If I still had all my research if share it but I got rid of it all. I ended up going aftermarket and I'm glad I did. It's better than what for offers

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
As someone who did this, I can tell you it isn't super easy, but it also depends on how much you want to do.

Pretty much everything you could ever want to know is covered in this thread :: Adding the OEM nav - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Because of your different cars, it isn't going to be a 1 to 1 swap (EDIT: Unless you literally pull just about everything from both cars and even then not really), if you want to keep things like dual climate and heated seats.

EDIT EDIT: and since you have pre-2013 cars, if you want your sound to work you'll need to go either aftermarket for the amps or replace the body harness, which requires completely gutting the interior (Dash, consoles, seats, flooring, everything.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video