Scosche Flash for "Mustang" Instead of "DVD" - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsightlyGuy View Post
In your raw data when you were logging the sync interface, was that your car? Do you have the touchscreen only?

I am seeing the sync commands on your data with a PID of 333 and with many more data frames than are viewable by the FDIM. On mine I have to write to different ones - 336, 337, 3A0 and can only send 20 characters total with a bunch of other unknown bytes at this point. I am trying to determine if it is just a difference in the hardware, or if it changed between model years. That may also be bytes that are being sent to the SYNC unit or from the SYNC unit to setup menus, etc.
MetroRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroRedneck View Post
In your raw data when you were logging the sync interface, was that your car? Do you have the touchscreen only?

I am seeing the sync commands on your data with a PID of 333 and with many more data frames than are viewable by the FDIM. On mine I have to write to different ones - 336, 337, 3A0 and can only send 20 characters total with a bunch of other unknown bytes at this point. I am trying to determine if it is just a difference in the hardware, or if it changed between model years. That may also be bytes that are being sent to the SYNC unit or from the SYNC unit to setup menus, etc.
Yeah, it was my car, and I have a 2014 GT with the Sync touchscreen interface. It does use 333 for displaying text in certain areas of the interface. As far as I know, it's usually (always?) the red text display, such as the current song playing, time remaining, or the Sync commands. E.g.:

Because of the amount of text that may need to be displayed, it seems like the first byte indicates the current frame or chunk of the message and there are some bytes to indicate what type of text is being displayed. I didn't look into it too much just because I was fighting with the Sync module to display messages.

What year do you have? I think it's likely that they kept the text LCD interface the same between the 2011-2014 model years. The FDIM I bought off eBay was from a 2012 GT500. When I replayed data to it from my car, I could get things like the time and temperature to display, but it was not writing any text to the display (different IDs, different structure). I figured the F-150's LCD would use the same messages, so I replayed data from my brother-in-law's 2011 truck and my 2012 FDIM displayed the lines of text -- everything appeared to be the same (including display tests).
UnsightlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

If you're curious, here is the MS-CAN data I captured from the F-150. The number to the left of the pipe/vertical bar is the relative timestamp of the message in 64 microsecond increments.

F-150 MS-CAN Data

Do you have to send 3A0 to display the text? If you look in the F-150 data vs. my Excel spreadsheet, you may notice that the messages do contain different content. The first byte, however, appears to be the same. I thought was a key-in-ignition indication as it seemed to go from 0 to some value (0x14, 0x15?) when I placed the key in the ignition, then changed bits as I placed the car in accessory and then started the engine. The FDIM only seems to turn on once the byte was 0x4x. Otherwise, I could not get the display to show anything. In my 2014 GT, the LSB (bit 0) of the second byte seemed to indicate that the brake pedal was pushed. I'm not sure I saw any of the other bytes be anything other than zero, even while driving. I'm curious to know if 3A0 varies for you.

If you want any MS-CAN data captures from me, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for following up. This makes much more sense now. 333 is the filter on your sync/display interface and 337 is for the FDIM. It threw me off because of the amount of data you had available for display vs for my FDIM.

I've had 3A0 first byte at 11, 14, 15, and 25 in the files on my current system. I may have other values on the notebook I've been monitoring on. I have not looked into why/what makes it change.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Now that's pimp daddy. I would buy one of these from you.
Add me to the list of people that want one!
Stevegrady64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #41
Supporter

Region: Texas
Scosche Flash for "Mustang" Instead of "DVD"

Captain obvious here to state that this is pretty cool.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #42

Region: Europe
Hi guys!

Doing the same thing with decyphering MSCAN on my 2011 Mercury Mariner since this January in very lazy and slow mode. Protocol seems quite the same while FDIM module is different. Got already same results for clock display, compass and outside temperature, have some progress with tire pressure sensors (will update a bit later), digging now 0x333 and 0x337 messages.

My 5 cents to add:
0x3e8 message:
3rd byte is current volume
1st byte also has values beyond 0x09:
0A - SAT1
0B - SAT2
0C - SAT3
0D - PHON
0E - LINE
0F - shows clocks in screen center and in top line

4th byte - probably length of the clock text. At least for me I should keep it to 0x04 to have all digits printed

Re 0x333 and 0x337 - as far as I understand there should be also 0x332/321 and 0x336/324 messages to control this stuff. Any advices on the format?
pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Was anyone able to pull voltage? I have scoured my logs and I am not finding anything reliable.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

New video with new status uploaded. Next is cutting new boards with the shift light and getting the code written for the wifi control.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Got TPMS from the data stream. No more guessing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	194310  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:32 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Nice! I must have one of these!

Jeremy
2012 Black PP V6
Old 12-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome. Is it transmitted in 3B5? Do you know the order for the tires?
Old 01-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsightlyGuy View Post
Awesome. Is it transmitted in 3B5? Do you know the order for the tires?
3B5

It comes in a LF, RF, RR, LR in bytes 0,1,2,3

I can't find any other data in the frames. I am about to rebuild my hardware to use the ESP-8266 and 3 canbus transceivers and remove the teensy MC in lieu of running directly on the ESP. It will work a lot like the canbus triple, but way cheaper and with wifi instead of BT. One bus on the MS-Can, one on the HS-Can, and a third to split out the can going to the FDIM so I can control it in full.

Still looking for anyone with information on what else is in the MS-Can. I have info on the 2015+, but nothing on the S197 other than what I can find, and it does not match. The 2015+ added another can network. It looks like you can control the traction control on them as well - would make for a great launch setup.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #49

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316

hey, just wanna say, your name is awesome ha ha

ig/twitter/kik: Gravydog316
youtube/google+: SarahBPeters
Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

It's only funny cause it's true.

Got the ESP-8266 communicating with my new CAN transceiver. I need to check logging and make sure it's all working and then I'll rig up a 3 transceiver prototype before cutting the next board revision. So far it looks promising.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video