Idatalink Maestro quesiton for those who have installed it - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Idatalink Maestro quesiton for those who have installed it

Hi,

My Raxiom Nav unit finally croaked today, and I purchased a Kenwood DDX9702S along with the MUS1 and the ADS-MRR. I'm installing it into a 2014 base GT with SYNC.

My question: I see that the Kenwood unit includes a microphone. I'm assuming that since I'm using the ADS-MRR, the integration will allow me to use the existing SYNC microphone, and I don't need to install the Kenwood mic?
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Correct
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I just purchased the exact same set up for my 2011. I have everything in my garage waiting on me. Let me know how you like like it. I am planning on installing mine this Sunday. I am still a little hesitant about the head unit controlling my HVAC

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Justin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I really like it. I did have some conflicts with Sync and Kenwood competing for the bluetooth connection, so I just decided to eliminate Sync and use Siri instead with the Kenwood mic mounted behind the rearview mirror. This unit is a huge improvement over the Raxiom nav, although I did have to purchase a new backup camera and wire it all up.

One thing I would do differently is connect a USB splitter off the back of the Kenwood in order to be able to use both USB ports on the MUS-1. I just ran the apple cable from the Kenwood to the back of the "pocket" because I wanted a cleaner look. Of course, doing it that way means that I can't connect a USB drive (or anything else) without pulling the deck out of the dash.

Also, the blue wire you splice to retain steering wheel controls is tiny (maybe 24 gauge?) and my wire strippers can't strip a wire that thin so I had to carefully shave it with a razor blade. Damn near sliced my thumb off.

HVAC controls work great, make sure you give some thought as to how you want your buttons on the MUS-1 configured. For me, I programmed the fan+ button to turn on MAX AC when I hold the button down. Very convenient.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Did you find another wiring diagram other than one Idata gives you, some of the wires on the Kenwood harness don't match up. Did you solder connection or other route? I was not planning on using the Kenwood mic, that's good to know. Where did you put the GPS antenna?

Old 08-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I just used the diagram from idatalink. There are a couple of wires on the ken wood harness you won't use, just tape them off. The only wire I soldered was the reverse wire in the trunk because there's just not enough slack when splicing and I couldn't find wire taps that were small enough. For the gps antenna, I taped it to the windshield behind the rear view mirror and ran the wire underneath the headliner and down the pillar (you can tape the wire to one of the looms in the pillar to secure it).

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Did you attach the green parking break cable to mus-1 harmed or ground it some where. I tried grounding to the Hu chassis dvd works full time, however have a constant noise through speaker when the lights are turned on. If I put my foot on the brake it goes off. I have moved to a different location same result. I am think through this as I am typing this out. I did install a back up camera that working fine. But since it goes off when I put my foot on the brake I wonder if it had something to do with that??

Old 08-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

No, I just terminated that cable since dvd playback is not a feature I was interested in. Also not sure if that's what is causing your noise, but it's easy enough to determine if it is. I also recall reading a post somewhere that just grounding that cable is no longer sufficient, radio manufacturers got wise and now you need to wire in a relay for it to work. You can search "parking brake bypass" on eBay to see what I mean. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCiv View Post
Hi,

My Raxiom Nav unit finally croaked today, and I purchased a Kenwood DDX9702S along with the MUS1 and the ADS-MRR. I'm installing it into a 2014 base GT with SYNC.

My question: I see that the Kenwood unit includes a microphone. I'm assuming that since I'm using the ADS-MRR, the integration will allow me to use the existing SYNC microphone, and I don't need to install the Kenwood mic?
This is correct, but if you intend to use CarPlay, when you plug in your iPhone, the BT will disconnect and CarPlay is going to take over phone control on the cable. To talk to SIRI you must install the mic from Kenwood. The factory mic terminates at the Sync module so there is no way to share the incoming audio with the Kenwood microphone input.

Hope this is clear.
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin72 View Post
Did you find another wiring diagram other than one Idata gives you, some of the wires on the Kenwood harness don't match up. Did you solder connection or other route? I was not planning on using the Kenwood mic, that's good to know. Where did you put the GPS antenna?

You only need to connect the wires that have matching colors in the Kenwood harness. In fact, the Brown mute wire has a match but you don't need to connect that one either. If you want video in motion, you should ground the light green wire coming out of radio instead of connecting to the light green wire on the Maestro harness.

Also, if you are adding back satellite radio with an aftermarket tuner (since the factory tuner is in the radio body you removed) you can use this handy adaptor to connect the new tuner to the roof mounted factory antenna. http://maestro.idatalink.com/accesso...product_id/393
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 09-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin72 View Post
Did you attach the green parking break cable to mus-1 harmed or ground it some where. I tried grounding to the Hu chassis dvd works full time, however have a constant noise through speaker when the lights are turned on. If I put my foot on the brake it goes off. I have moved to a different location same result. I am think through this as I am typing this out. I did install a back up camera that working fine. But since it goes off when I put my foot on the brake I wonder if it had something to do with that??

Did you connect the 8 pin plug that has subwoofer RCA inputs on it? If so, did you just leave the RCA dangling and not connected to your SW output on the head unit? If so, this causes your noise. Contact Dara in tech support and she can help you.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 09-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #12

Region: Florida
I being looking to buy the ddx9702 my self and last night right before pulling the trigger i did one final research and the truth is not much information shows up about android users when it comes to android auto features specially samsung galaxy and note users i my self have a note 3 and would hate spending near 1000$ on a set up that then wont fully work with my phone so my question is since most people i seeeing that have this setup own iphones i there anyone with a samsung product specially note 3 that have try this setup? How is performance? I did check keenwood website for dxx9702 beeing compatible with note 3 and it doesn't show it on the list of compatible phones
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video