Replacing shaker 1000 with aftermarket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
Region: California
Replacing shaker 1000 with aftermarket

OK heres some observations I ran into and what may have been the problem with the original head unit.
After I hooked everything up it didn't turn on , turns out the ign wire for the radio did not have key on power?
So I start troubleshooting and the acc wire goes to fuze#20 no power on each side so maybe that was why the headunit might have been dysfunctional.
So I tapped another switched power and just tried it and viola we got radio.
So my thought is something in the radio module is going south and it cuts the switched power to the shaker 1000 system.
anybody know where the radio magic box is?

2008 VMP gen2, 3.73s lots of other stuff.
avgt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Michigan
Honestly bud. Your best bet is to remove the stock radio and do everything aftermarket. Radio speakers ands subs etc. yes it's a bit costly but I have first hand experience at dealing with ford sync in several cars. Ford sync is a nice system. But the way it's designed is garbage. They basically designed it so that you can't change it with out having issues. When you add amps to it weather you pull from before or after the factory amps you'll have feed back issue that's caused by the radio.

Not to mention the factory radio sound quality just flat out sucks. Trust me on this. Spend the money and replace it all. You can still keep the factory steering wheel controls and blue tooth options with most radios and writing kits. It is well worth it.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video