Audio wiring help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Audio wiring help.

So I have 2 wires in the trunk, I assume a positive and negative. I also have a set of RCA jacks in the back. There is a volume control on the dash. There is a power wire with fuse in the engine bay duct tape to the side. There is no negative. I assume this was a setup for a sub for the stock system. Is there no negative needed in the engine bay?

I'm looking to add a powered sub.
Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
No negative is needed in the engine bay since the vehicle body is the ground, hence the ground in the trunk. As for the volume control, you will need a compatible amp or powered subwoofer to use that since not all use them. You can only assume they left the RCA adapter behind the radio if still stock since they left the rest of the wiring. So in theory, you should be able to get either a powered subwoofer or an amp and subwoofer and plug up the connects, reconnect the power in the engine bay and enjoy.
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickmullet View Post
So I have 2 wires in the trunk, I assume a positive and negative. I also have a set of RCA jacks in the back. There is a volume control on the dash. There is a power wire with fuse in the engine bay duct tape to the side. There is no negative. I assume this was a setup for a sub for the stock system. Is there no negative needed in the engine bay?

I'm looking to add a powered sub.
Sounds good. Thanks.
Slickmullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video