Legit FM transmitter for those with OEM/whatever headunits - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Legit FM transmitter for those with OEM/whatever headunits

I know FM transmitters are like "2003" and kinda ghetto but our beater CRV has the stock Honda headunit and that's not changing as the car has 150k and is just a reliable beater. Sick of listening to my nice shiny new phone single speaker so looked into FM transmitters for it. Picked up this thing and really really shocked at how good it is.

https://www.amazon.com/Nulaxy-Wirele.../dp/B018E0I01I

Drowns out any other FM signals on the selected channel, pairs up real fast, sound quality is way above what I expected and its cheap. Also when making calls over BT people on the other end said I sounded fine. Mind=totally blown. Good for those of us with any car with a stock HU or stocking stuffers for the holidays or whatever. Also confirmed the USB port on the charger is 2A and will get a positive charge going even with streaming/GPS/tethering all going at once.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I used to use one of those but got sick of having to change the channel it was on as I hit new areas with different stations. Now I just find a cheap head unit that fits with bluetooth/usb on it.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
I used to use one of those but got sick of having to change the channel it was on as I hit new areas with different stations. Now I just find a cheap head unit that fits with bluetooth/usb on it.
This one seems to actively block out signals from outside. I drove past NYC and no static or interference or anything. If NYC doesn't cause problems then nothing is going to.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
This one seems to actively block out signals from outside. I drove past NYC and no static or interference or anything. If NYC doesn't cause problems then nothing is going to.
That's pretty impressive. Also pretty cool that you can load up your music on a microSD card and use that too.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video