Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Radio and Dash and dash panel lighting

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MattMacFarlane 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm having an issue with my 1999 V6. I do not have any instrument panel or HVAC lighting. I've replaced a broken headlight switch and the harness, replaced a blown fuse and double checked the bulbs to make sure that they're not burned out. I have power ever where else except there.
There is a security/remote starter in the car, the stereo is not hooked up (cassette deck wires are cut off from a hack job install) and there is some extra wires running to places that I do not know what they do.
Has anyone run into this kind of issue before? I can't drive at night because I don't have dash lights. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks. View attachment 204485

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
I have power to everything except my instrument panel. I think I have the problem tracked down to fuse 13. Everything in that circuit (according to the Hayse manual I have) does not work, trac control switch, glove box light, ash tray, etc.
If the fuse is good I'll have to check the ground (I have no idea where that would be) if I strike out there I may be looking into a much larger and more invasive fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.