Help with 04 GT audio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM  

h

Reply With Quote Moderated Post
Old 10-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #1

Region: New York
Help with 04 GT audio

So I have a 2004 GT premium. I believe I have the Mach 460 audio but I'm not positive. I have two amps mounted in the trunk and that's it. I recently replaced the factory stereo with an aftermarket and I lost all the bass I had with the factory (which wasn't very much at all). I recently acquired dual 12in kicker comp subs in the kicker enclosure along with a renegade 850 watt amp from a friend for free. It's way to big to fit in the trunk of my car and I need to get a custom fit box for the trunk. Before I go ahead and start spending cash I want to know as much as possible about what I need and what I need to do before I start upgrading my audio system. Thanks in advance.
Frank04Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #2

Hello, I am Frank's 04 Mustang. Frank, I don't know why you didn't just come to me and ask me directly, I'm sitting right in your driveway. Well anyway, I came here to tell you that you most definitely do have the Mach 460 audio! However, I would like you to stop trying to shove things in my trunk if they don't fit. You wouldn't like if I tried to force things into your trunk. Your audio is fine, you don't need an upgrade. You do need a shower though.
Franks04Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Suddenly this thread has become entertaining.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That's pretty funny right there.....to answer your original question, these factory systems do not integrate well with aftermarket components. Most people rip the entire system out and start over.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Make sure the Factory Amps are not still connected in the Wiring. If that's not the case then double check your Aftermarket Stereo and the Aftermarket Amps Crossover Controls for the Bass and Treble volumes.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
That's pretty funny right there.....to answer your original question, these factory systems do not integrate well with aftermarket components. Most people rip the entire system out and start over.
Thanks! I read that somewhere else was trying to get other opinions. I mostl likely will rip everything out and start fresh. Might have to wait till spring

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------
Frank04Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316

(FYI, smart Alex' cars end up in the junkyard! :0 )

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video