Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sync issue

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  WJBertrand 
#1 ·
Has anyone had issues with connecting an iPhone 7 via Bluetooth with their mustang? I have a 2012 year model.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
No more so than my iPhone 6 or SE. Did you download the latest sync update? Once you have you'll have a "sync reboot" option under the advanced menu. Great to get the stupid thing going again

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
If it's really giving you trouble, go one step further and pull the fuse down in the kick panel for like 15-30sec. I had to do that when sync decided to stop pairing with phones.

#4 ·
If it's really giving you trouble, go one step further and pull the fuse down in the kick panel for like 15-30sec. I had to do that when sync decided to stop pairing with phones.
The "Sync Reboot" option that Tom mentioned above performs the same function as pulling the fuse now. Amazing that they had to create a menu shortcut to perform the same process that pulling the fuse does, instead of finding and fixing the actual problem :banghead:...

#6 ·
It depends on your issue. I've had tons of issues with syncs not often luckily but they've been there. For one phone actually connecting and showing up as connected on both the sync and the phone but the phone never actually showing up on sync. Another issue I've had is the phone never wanting to connect to sync at all even though it finds it which is usually resolved by turning the car off and then back on. It seems like more of an iPhone issue since my android didn't have the problem. Oh and best part of all is there probably won't be updates to fix sync since I'm pretty sure ford is gonna focus on only the new sync systems.

#7 ·
I've had to go into the menu and completely delete any existing bluetooth devices and then start from scratch adding the phone back (iPhone 6 in my case). I had to do this after installing Sync V4.6. So far I've used the re-boot function only once when Sync seemed to completely have locked up. Initially I couldn't even navigate there, a few minutes later it still wasn't working but the menu came back up to allow me to do the re-boot. It's been fine for a couple of months now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.