Help help help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Help help help?

My right blinker is blinking faster than my left blinker, normally means a light is dying right? Alright then, how do I go along to change the light? Me and my dad are going to do it, but is there any "How-To's" you guys have on changing the back or front light?
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
You just twist the connector on the inside of the light under the hood, pull it out, take out the burnt out bulb, replace it, put it back in twist it so it doesn't fall out, you should be done.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Crispy
I'm havin the same problem, but I think my problem deals with the switch and not any bulbs. It blinks really fast and the green turnsignal on the cluster and the passenger side front corner dont illuminate all the time. It seems that if the temp inside the car is warmer the switch works, or if i have been driving for over an hour, in which case the inside would be warmer.

Seph, I replaced my tail lamp blinker a few weeks ago, there are four screws holding the the housing in place, one is a ***** to get to as it is in a tight spot. After you get the four screws out you just pull the tail light assembly out and replace your bulbs as needed. As for the front, I havent touched.
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2004, 05:19 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

It shouldn't be necessary to remove the entire tail light unit to replace a bulb, the wires should lead you to where the bulbs are twist the part where the wires go in, this should come out and that should come out with the bulb.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry your right Rick, I forgot to mention I replaced it due to the fact I was hit and it fall into the housing.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have a set of 94 laser red tail lights I will let go for cheap man.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, but I have a 97 and I'd liek to keep that taillight style.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video