California Car Duster! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
California Car Duster!

Get one of these things if you don't have one already, they are really cool, I got mine about a few weeks ago when the pollen first started, for 10 bucks you can't go wrong, Sears, Walmart, they are all the same price. In like 5 mins or less you can get all that nasty pollen and stuff off your car and have it looking nice and clean without getting out the hose or anything. I highly recommend them, and they guarantee not to scratch.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
OMG I just picked up one last night from AAP. I got the $20 one that has a lot longer of a brush. Took me 2 minutes before school this morning to clean the pollen off completely off my car -- and the pollen was THICK! These things are the ****...

Rick, how do we clean the duster? I mean... it says the dirtier it gets the better it works... but I dont know if I wanna have a mop full of green pollen sitting arround (case or no case)... my alergies are horrible... so any suggestions?!
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I normally shake the hell out of it

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrum
OMG I just picked up one last night from AAP. I got the $20 one that has a lot longer of a brush. Took me 2 minutes before school this morning to clean the pollen off completely off my car -- and the pollen was THICK! These things are the ****...

Rick, how do we clean the duster? I mean... it says the dirtier it gets the better it works... but I dont know if I wanna have a mop full of green pollen sitting arround (case or no case)... my alergies are horrible... so any suggestions?!
I don't know, I have wondered the same thing, I figure if it ever gets so bad I can't stand it or it won't pick the stuff up any more, toss it and get another one, lol, I suppose you could wash it, but I am sure its treated with some kind of a chemical, and it you washed it that would be gone and it wouldn't work right any more. I just put it in its case and stick it in my truck til I am ready to use it again, handiest thing I have ever had for get that pollen off my car though!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes, I try to shake it too, but I haven't seen anything come out of it really.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #6

I have one to and its great, especially after the dust storms come through Phoenix. Mine's getting pretty old but it seems to work better the more you use it.
drzeusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
So you just put yours back in the case and stuck it in your trunk? I wondered about doing that so I'd have it with me... but mine's the big one so I didn't think I wanna have this random huge brush thing full of pollen in my trunk.
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:27 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
I have the Mini Duster, I need the big one.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Tags
california