Help me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 98VroomVroom
Help me

I installed two Concept 12's with a memphis 600 watt amp in my trunk, they ran fine for about 4 days, then I moved one of the boxes a little and that sub turned off and the other sub just hit really fast and doesnt stop unless I turn the car off. Any idea what might be wrong?

Just for kicks, I have Polk 5x7's in the front doors and Pioneer 6x9's in the back.
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
98VroomVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
have u checked all the wires to see if they are connected right/still connected.. idont know why the one would hit really fast though:chin:
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah Ive checked all the wires, one sub doesnt do anythign and the other bumps really fast.
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Unhook everything from your amp and make sure it's not overheating or anything then put it all back on. Just make sure you cut power to it off first so you won't blow the fuse in your power wire. If that doesn't solve the problem, check your wires going to the speakers to make sure they're not crossed somewhere. It sounds like a wire is twisted somewhere on the amp and they're crossing and it's gettin mixed signals. Dunno what else to tell you short of looking at it in person. I can almost guarantee it's the wiring at your amp that's doing it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I fixed it, thanks for the help lowflyn
Old 04-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

What was it? Just curious...I think a set of speakers I put in did that before and I just rewired the amp and it worked fine...but that was a while back.
Our's:
Old 04-24-2004, 10:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Im not quite sure, I just took the amp out and then rewired it. Then it started working again.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:49 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha ha ok...who knows...wiring is weird sometimes. I'm glad it works now. My experience with installing comes in handy every once in a while.
Our's:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video