Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Components... where to put the tweeter?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Dom 
#1 ·
Ok so I am going to get components for the front for sure. Going with kicker probably

It comes with a 1" tweeter and a 5 1/4 inch mid range.

Where would you suggest I put the tweeter? Where would I get what I need to mount it/ I havent installed components before.

Thanks or any help.

#2 ·
put the front where the mach 460 go, they sound great there

#6 ·
It's wise to keep the mid-woofer and tweeter as close together as possible so that the two drivers will act together as a single point source.

While a conventional component speaker set-up does leave path lengths unequal, there usually is a direct line from the tweeters to your ears, and this lack of obstruction alone really steps up the level of detail and the quality of your stereo image. Many matched component sets also let you adjust the firing angle of the tweeters to further optimize imaging. (Keep this feature in mind when shopping for add-on tweeters.)
Also, Brent you should know to keep the speakers in the front better than in the back.

#12 ·
is it better to have different speakers in the front than in the back...like have 2-ways in the back and 3-ways in the front or vice-versa? cause when i get my speakers i was planning on leaving the mach tweeters hooked up or do i even need them?

#13 ·
To me, the Mach tweeters only resemble tweeters.

If you wanna leave em, that's up to you. UPR or MGW sells the covers to go over them if you wanna dress em up some more.

So yea, you would put a 3-way in the front and a 2-way in the back. I have mine where the front speakers and balanced and faded to play more in the front so I can barely hear the rear speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.