Stock CD player. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SVT_Rob
Stock CD player.

If you are not familar, in the 98 Cobra the CD player is separate from the volume controls, radio, tape player, etc and I was wondering if they sell a CD player that could replace the stock one with the same controls that the stock CD player has becuase I want get a CD player that can play MP3's....I don't want to have a CD with the the volume controls because I'd have 2 sets of em and I wouldn't want to have one thing do everything and have another no functional piece of electronics in the car....I hope im kind of clear with what I am trying to say.

http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums...ine=1093735581
SLP Loudmouth. K&N air filter. Main cats removed and pre-cats hollowed. Superchip Max MicroTuner. B&G Sport Springs 1.75" drop front and back. Eibach Wheel Spacers 25mm. Steeda Underdrive Pulleys. Steeda MIL eliminators. Side Scoops. Cobra bumper inserts.

324 rwhp - 329 rwtq
SVT_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
so pics of what you mean and ill tell you
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

This isn't a picture from my car but it is the exact setup. I just want to be able to replace the CD player with another CD player of the same setup as the stock, but be able to play MP3's. I think I could get a CD player that would replace the radio, but then I would have 2 CD players in there unless I took out the stock CD player and replace it with seomthing...If you need a better pic I'll try to find one.

SLP Loudmouth. K&N air filter. Main cats removed and pre-cats hollowed. Superchip Max MicroTuner. B&G Sport Springs 1.75" drop front and back. Eibach Wheel Spacers 25mm. Steeda Underdrive Pulleys. Steeda MIL eliminators. Side Scoops. Cobra bumper inserts.

324 rwhp - 329 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
mine in my 99 was like that. i just bought an aftermarket cd player, took both of the decks out of the stang, and put my new one in the top.

for the bottom, you can buy trays, or buy a switch plate from zim!
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, I guess I'll probably end up doing that then...I'll come up with something good to fill up that space from the bottom CD player.

324 rwhp - 329 rwtq
Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
at pep boys they sell some kits that are specially designed for whatever car you have which cover those empty spaces when you put an after market cd player looks like it came out of the factory like that it should only cost about 25 bucks at most
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
thats what i did. i bought a tray for mine to hold my remote and what not.

ill probably buy a switch plate from zim if i can find the money. thats pitiful... i cant get my hands on $35, haha.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video