Opinions, Comments, Please!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Opinions, Comments, Please!?

Hey Yall!

I am very interested in a few items. I have a 2000 Mustang GT Conv. W/ Mach 460. It has the tape deck on top and the single cd on the bottom. I want to replace it with the panasonic below. This new panasonic has 60 watts RMS!!! plus the panasonic has some nice features(I used to have one..got stolen, go figure)
I am under the understanding that the stock speakers will not work with an aftermarket cd player and to tell you the truth I think the Infinity's below will work alot better and give me the fullness I have been missing. Crutchfield has a deal where you get 10% off if you purchase more than 100 bucks in at least two categories of theirs. plus Free Shipping and If I remember right they should give me all of the harnesses and kits I need included.
Anyway, just tell me what you think, or if you can think of a better combo, let me know. FYI i want that reciever because I would not need another amplifier to run the components.

Thanks,
Ted

Panasonic CD Player

Infinity Reference Speakers 6x8

Infinity Reference 5 1/4

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

nobody has any opinions???? I thought opinions were like a**holes!?

Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots

Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Speakers are good.

I would buy this over the panasonic. Its cheaper and better
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QcZog7L...1&avf=N&search=

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Why is it better, if I may ask? Also I am trying to get passed buying an external amp so i thought that the panasonic would be a better choice. but please let me know, maybe i am missing something

Old 07-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
Why is it better, if I may ask? Also I am trying to get passed buying an external amp so i thought that the panasonic would be a better choice. but please let me know, maybe i am missing something
The alpine I linked you to has a 60x4 internal amp(26x4 rms)

The controls and settings are more confusing on the Panasonics than Alpines. Alpine is powerful and simple. Gets the job done and looks smooth to. I'm just not one for the flashy stuff they put out. Plus the Alpine is cheaper

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

And What Do You think of Clarion... I have found that it is really hard to choose in the 350-400 dollar range, of the best one for me. I dont want to have to buy an external amplifier, however to do it right i will. I think my speakers i picked will be perfect, but I am between the
1-Clarion DXZ945MP
2-Alpine CDA-9835
3-Panasonic MXE-CQ-9800U

I like all Three and I have listed them in the order I think i like them best however I am so close on all of them I need everyones opinion. Please take a minute and look at all three and let me know in order of which ones you like best.
Thank You
Ted

Old 07-21-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
IMO alpine is the way I would go too. I really like the controls and options and as brent said, it isn't too flashy. i like to keep it simple. Complicated controls hinder driving ability lol.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Does most everyone have this reciever? It must be impressive.
I like the panasonic because of power, i dont like the controls neccesarily, though
I like the Alpine name and ease of use and second most powerful reciever
I like the Clarion for its touch screen and surround sound, but it is the lowest power of the bunch, much less the most expensive.
Is there any fantastic recievers i am leaving out or have missed somehow?

Ted

Old 07-21-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I personally love my sony xplod. It is an older model, but they have the same stuff in a newer one.

Everybody will tell you sony headunits suck, but I love mine.

Of course, I don't want a conductor for a symphony or a sound technician to sit in my car and be blown away by the quality of my sound or anything like that, unlike some of the people on this site *cough BRENT cough*
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

When Brent gets this, if you have the Alpine I would like to know if it is powering you speakers or if you have an external amp

Old 07-21-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
I have the alpine 9815 its last years model of the 9833, its the Best headunit IMO, I love it and its amazing. I ran a external amp, because I had infinity Kappas, and they needed 100rms watts . But the headunit is sweet
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
When Brent gets this, if you have the Alpine I would like to know if it is powering you speakers or if you have an external amp
Its powering my Speakers

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT
I have the alpine 9815 its last years model of the 9833, its the Best headunit IMO, I love it and its amazing. I ran a external amp, because I had infinity Kappas, and they needed 100rms watts . But the headunit is sweet
They dont "need" 100rms.

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Guys!
I really appreciate all of the help! I wnet to my local audio shop and just looked at the 9835...Amazing it is truely the best and in fact i just ordered it And both sets of components. If they arrive this weekend I will hopefully post pics of it...I also bought black shift boots w/ silver stiching from redline good and a UPR Billet Auto shifter...Both should come this weekend...i am giddier than a little school girl!!!!

Thanks Again
Ted

Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
Hey Guys!
I really appreciate all of the help! I wnet to my local audio shop and just looked at the 9835...Amazing it is truely the best and in fact i just ordered it And both sets of components. If they arrive this weekend I will hopefully post pics of it...I also bought black shift boots w/ silver stiching from redline good and a UPR Billet Auto shifter...Both should come this weekend...i am giddier than a little school girl!!!!

Thanks Again
Ted
cool you will love the Alpine

Reddit
Old 07-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

thanks

Old 07-21-2004, 03:26 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
They dont "need" 100rms.
O yes they do
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Old 07-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

both the reference series and kappa series components read 2-90W rms unless your are not the ones in the newest crutchfield mag

Old 07-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT
O yes they do
nah, im giving my speakers 45x4 RMS with my alpine flex5 amp and i can turn those up REAL loud before they start distorting. Boston acoustic and mb quart's rule

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
both the reference series and kappa series components read 2-90W rms unless your are not the ones in the newest crutchfield mag
I didnt get components, I got the regualr 5x7's with the tweeters in the speakers
Old 07-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Then yes the coaxials ARE up to 100WRMS...keyword is up to but if i could I would give em all you got to!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video