Component Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
Component Install

Hey guys, I'm back from long hiatus away from my mustang and I have a quick question. Anyone ever install components in their Mach460 stang? I know where/how to install the speakers but I hae no idea where to put the crossovers or the amp. Any suggestions?

Feel free to hit me up for questions or chat at AIM: LostMe 03
Keeping my car.
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Well, the Mach 460 has a version of a component system. But, the tweeter you have on the sail panel you can't hallow out and put the new tweeter in there. People have tried. So, the best way to go about it is to use 1/2 birch and fiberglass to mold a new sail panel and either paint it black or wrap it in black vinyl.

You can mount the crossovers in the trunk and run your wires from there. But it depends on how creative you wanna get with everything. You can come up with a creative mount for the amp and crossovers or tuck them under rear deck.

It's all up to you and your wallet.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video