Saleen Side Scoops.... HELP, lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Saleen Side Scoops.... HELP, lol

ok, they came today, :O:O:O, I'm as surprised as all of you. They are a very high quality material, direct from Saleen, as the package says... ok, now that we're past that, they don't have any inserts like our side scoops... HELP, what do I do? the under part of the side scoop will show. Does it just get painted black in there? If so, won't it get dirty? and glossy clear coat black? The side scoops themselves will be silver, to match my car, and I want a black of some sort.... my car's color scheme is black and silver... kinda need it. How hard are the screws to screw in?... and they gave me washers and screws, and MORE screws, and I don't know what to do with all of them...... heeeeeeeellllppppp me

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
I take it take it the area isn't cutout in between the slats. You'll have to cut them out and order the grille from saleen or paint it flat black or gloss black depending on the look your going for. I recommend a semi gloss black.

As for installing it, you'll remove the back seat and then the interior quarter panel and then you'll see how the scoop installs.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Haha.

High-quality? What planet are you from. Be prepared to spend $75 just to get those things prepped.

They don't come with inserts. Shoot some rubberized undercoating down before you put them on.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
that high quality thing was more or less sarcasm, but alright. The middle slats are already cut out. I was thinking of painting it black under... we can see what color, but there's that gay plastic ''air pressure equalization 2.3 cent part'' in there that would look pretty stupid... where do I find these.... grille inserts? How much are we talking for those? Ford charged me $10 for the little plastic one that goes on my car... Everything is money money money, but oh well, as my boss says, it's just money. I'm not doing any part of it, auto body guy... this still falls under his contract for what he said he would do. I don't have to worry about a thing ... he'll pick it up while I sleep (I work 12pm-8am) sleep all day long, and he'll pick it up, and it'll be sitting in my driveway when I wake up.. all nice and prettiful.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
he'll pick it up while I sleep (I work 12pm-8am) sleep all day long, and he'll pick it up, and it'll be sitting in my driveway when I wake up.. all nice and prettiful.
that must be the life lol
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
I think Saleen sells the grilles. It's generally $20 for the screens in the body kit. $5 a piece. Can't be much for the side scoop grilles. Or you can get the ricers grilles, paint em black and clear em. Same stuff.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
What we had done was gotten the saleen side off of ebay, took some mesh screen, painted it flat black, tacked it on the rear of the scoops, and then also painted the backing area flat black aswell, instead of white that would have showed through.

Make sure you get lots of clear coat on the scoops or eventually paint will start to chip off of them from driving it down the road, and weather.

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diam...ered/index.htm
Old 08-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, it is the life... except, I work midnight to 8 am, I have no days, lol.... but that can be ok, and did I just get quoted? sweet

Old 08-04-2004, 09:57 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok, can someone help me find the screens? I went onto www.Saleen.com, and I found a complete screen set, but this first off, does not tell me if it has the screens for my side scoops... it's $40 for the whole set, and I'd really just like to buy the ones I need.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video