What should I do? new to this - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush
What should I do? new to this

Hey everyone, I hope you all will help me with this, I have a 2007 Roush Mustang, it's a stage 2, i'm still working on it, i have plenty of time to do so, i'm in Iraq for the next year.

Here's my thing, I'm not sure where to start, It's got the roush body kit on it, i love it, it's nice looking, the interior is the Jack Roush interior, signature embrodered into the seats and i as you see in my signature, i have a DVD player in dash.

what are some good websites to look at parts, i'm ordering true HID lights/halo's for both fog and headlights high and low beam. they are nice and i'm just looking for more, like rims if anyone has any idea on rims i'm open to suggestions and ideas. Please help i'm going insane out here in iraq and just need something to do, this would do it for me

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: What should I do? new to this

spending money is always a great way to pass time in iraq. ive done it before as well.
americanmuscle.com, GREAT SITE! and any other one at the top of the page.
also a magazine that i like that has tons great articles and places to spend money is muscle mustangs and fast fords.....

suggestions for performance imo.
LT headers, offroad X-pipe, Gears, Custom tune, Forged internals, and Supercharger. then a custom tune.

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

my buddy is doing my supercharger back home for 5k, what gears should i get? like i said i'm new i'm not sure what all is in it right now, should i go 4.10 or 3.73 gears, i want to get good gas mileage but also good accel and a decent top end. i've built a few older cars, i've done a truck and a camaro. I'm definately going to get headers and the X-pipe, i might get SLP loudmouth exhaust, buddy has it on his GTO and i love the sound it has. I'd do internals when i get home so i can do that myself though. any ideas on rims?

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

auto trans = 4.10 manual trans=3.73,
if slp is what you want then get it but a few of us around here say that they belong on a GM not a ford. but to each their own.
what rims do you have now, and what style are you looking for?

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

imo... for the exhaust i really like the sound of bassani. a little on the expensive side but great sound, rims. try this...
2005-2009 Mustang Wheels at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Right now i have the stock rims on it, just plain 5 point rims with the Roush "R" in the center, I know SLP is a more GM section but then again i'm not sure who would specialize in the Exhaust for FoMoCo and i don't wanna do the same thing and put on a flowmaster like most people do, Borla,Bassani and Pacesetter are nice but i don't know if they do anything for the mustang i know bassani does but not the other 2. I have a manual trans so i'll look into the 3.73 gears i'm looking for a 5 point with black chrome and a chrome lip

Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i'm thinking about getting the GT500 rims for the car, i love those rims

Old 02-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

a good setup for your stang i would think would be the BBK long tube headers, the Shorty offroad x pipe, and the bassani axle back exhaust.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

im tellin ya ... AM is a GREAT site lol...

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i'm there right now drooling over everything they have. they have the headlight conversion that i used for my car on here cheaper than what i paid... damnit

Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

advice... broken box return... lol or tellin it was not what you expected.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I can't believe you want to get rid of the stock Roush wheels. I love those wheels. They are what I wanted on my '06 GT when I had it.

How about the wheels that came on the Ford GT?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

they are already installed and working i can't complain, i love them though, bright as hell, i'm sure everyone else hates them but i know my wife she's been taking my car out ever so often just to keep it running good and she says they work great during the night and hardly uses the low beams

Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

i'd even go for a stock Roush wheel if i could just get it in black with a chrome lip, i'm going for the blacked out look, i blacked out the tails and bought blacked out headlights

Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

so is your mustang is a gt... but you added the roush body kit and interior. or is actually a Roush.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

it's a true roush, everything in it is roush i bought it like it is, and the paperwork all says roush so i'm hoping it's a true roush

Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

i like these... Steeda Black Ultra Lite Mustang Wheel - 2005+ (18x9.5) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
but only on 2 conditions
1 back wheels are 20s by 10.5 and all black
2 fronts are 18 0r 19 by 9 and all black

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i got you. you can always get your rims powder coated black and save money over buying new rims if you like the ones you have.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

good point, i never thought about the powder coating. i should probably get them chromed and then go and powercoat them the way i want them done. that's a good idea, because right now they are a kind of gunmetal grey. and Yeah, the car being a roush it is, it also has the Roush dash emblem as well and all the badges, so either someone went through great lenghts to turn it into a roush or it's a true roush. Just looking at it though all the mods and suspension options and everything it's the roush mustang. even if it's not, it'll sure pass as one so i'm good. haha, no one else seems to be able to tell if it is or not so i'm going with it is

Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

best way to check would be a VIN check. its the only way to tell imo. what are you doing as far as a system.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

System i'm pulling out my garage and blowing the dust off of it. it's got 2 12's by kicker comp subs, 2000watt kicker amp and my head unit is a pioneer AVH-p5000dvd but the system is teh cheapest part thank god haha, don't have to buy anything for that, just had to buy the head unit and i'll be running 8ga wire

Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

i'll have to get pictures sent in of it to me here in iraq, but my wife also had it taken to a place and they custom built in my Garmin GPS system into the dash board, it's pretty sweet

Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

running 2000w id go with 4 gauge. and a capacitor. my 500w memphis flashes my lights, and gauges with out it installed. least you already have a system.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, i might go 4ga i just already had a 8ga set of wires and 14 ga. speaker wire I have a 5 Farad Power Acoustik Cap that's pretty nice. what kind of system set up do you have

Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

500.1 memphis amp. 2x 12 memphis PR, sealed box cause the ported didnt fit, (lol) 3 farad cap. 4 guage power and ground, and dont know what the speaker wire is. and an alpine headunit with the ipod connector. my wife stole my panasonic flip out dvd. next im gonna upgrade the speakers Memphis 3way in the front 4way in the back with the tweeter upgrade, and I NEED DYNOMAT! sounds like **** when im not in the car.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, i'm going to make it easy to quick disconnect my stereo because i'm big into the strip as well and i don't want it weighting me down

Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

yeah. thats why im not going to get a custom box. so i can yank it out. im thinking about going with the rear seat delete kit as well... on a nother note.... the s/c will make up for the extra weight. lol

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

yeah but without the weight and the s/c it'll be even better ... i just want to get off work, i haven't done **** ofr 4 hours now

Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

your on the night shift huh?
been there. it sucked. smoked like 100 cartons while i was there for 6 months.

im getting there.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

damn, yeah, i'm night shift i'm here for a year though trying not to smoke though but it's getting harder just so bored.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Good Luck and stay safe brother.

im getting there.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo

borlas are the shiznit
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video