1st Question..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to SexyStang
1st Question.....

Can you come clean and wax my car?......***Waits for answer*** LOL

J/K

What 3 step cleaner, wax, and polish do you suggest?

BTW I love how your paint looks like glass. You must clean it all the time.
SexyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Well meguiars has a great 3 step system, but thats not what i use. I like to use a mothers claybar to get all the crap off the paint (works like a charm), then i top it off with a nice coat of zymbol cleaner wax...then if you like you can polish it as well, but ive tried polishing afterwards, and to me, i cant tell the difference after having just waxed it. But yea i wash it atleast once or twice a week lol. Thats actually a big key to keeping it looking nice is to just wash it pretty often. The more often you wash it, the less time things like bug guts and road grime have to bake on to your paint, and since i dont have a garage, i REALLY need to wash mine alot. lol Also, after you wash it, i like to buff the paint (while still wet) with a towel. This will even out the wax and get rid of that hazy streaky look when the sun shines on it. And sorry but i doubt i can wax your car for you lol

Thanks for the compliments btw...i was actually lucky enough to win 1st in a car show a week ago. I was soooo excited. 8)
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats. on the car show. You deserved it. What is this clay bar? Where can I get one? I wash mine once a week. Thats all I have time for. I am going to try your idea about buffing while wet.

Also, when I dry my car I use a shammy(sp?) sheep skin. Is that good. Or should I use something else? I dont like to use terri cloth it leaves fuzzies on my paint.

Right now it is so impossible to keep the ride clean. B/t the love bugs doing it all over my paint and all the pollin I dont have a chance. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 01:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well you can use shammy, i used to, but it wont give your paint that really smooth feel that a towel will. What i do is just get a regular old bathroom towel and basically buff it out in a kinda circular motion. Yea it does leave fuzzies, but i found out that those Swifer rags, (u know the ones that u see on the commercials) work great for picking up fuzzy stuff, and even some dirt off the paint. Just run over the car with one of those after you buff it out a little and it should feel slicker than polished glass.

The clay bar is a big hunk of clay lol..you spray detail spray on the car, then rub that clay bar on the paint, and it gets out all the grimy rough crap in your paint. Its amazing. My moms car has never been waxed b/f and i tried that clay bar on one spot, and it was really smooth. Its about 15 bucks or so, but its well worth it imo. You can get it at most any stores. Wallyworld, or pretty much any auto store. I tried it for the first time b/f the show last week and now i swear by it.
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for all the good info. Im sure I will be calling on you alot. kristi
Old 05-05-2003, 01:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No prob, glad to help 8)
Old 05-05-2003, 04:17 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Mustang96

If ya dont have the time to wash it every week, or are just really lazy (like me) and dont want to do it every week, my suggestion to you is to go to your local kragen or NAPA or something along those lines, spend 12 - 15 bucks and get yourself a california duster, works like a charm, give a quick minute and a half dust every other day and keep your coat shiny new for 2 or possible 3 weeks
C&L CAI
18 " rims
1 3/4 " drop
system in the trunk, cant remember the specs
Mustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Re: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang96
If ya dont have the time to wash it every week, or are just really lazy (like me) and dont want to do it every week, my suggestion to you is to go to your local kragen or NAPA or something along those lines, spend 12 - 15 bucks and get yourself a california duster, works like a charm, give a quick minute and a half dust every other day and keep your coat shiny new for 2 or possible 3 weeks
Thats a great idea, but some of the road grime that gets on my car is hard to get off. I drive 100 mi to and from work so I have to wash it atleast once a week. You know what Ive found works for quick removal of bugs.......Bounce fabric sheets. They work like a charm. kristi

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video