Hi From Toronto, Canada! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
Hi From Toronto, Canada!

Hello everyone! I just picked up my first Mustang, a used 1995 V6. It's black, with black tinted windows, and I think it's an amazing car!

I live in Toronto, and I bought it from a friend's father. He's the original owner, and never drove it during the winters, so the car is in excellent condition. It has 139,000 km on it right now.

The Mustang emblems were stolen from the car several years ago. He bought replacements but never attached them, so he gave them to me when I bought the car. I attached them this afternoon and it looks much better!

I had the tires replaced today, as the originals were quite old. I bought some BF Goodrich tires and had them installed at Costco. I also had the oil changed since it hadn't been replaced in a while.

It was raining today, so I still need to thoroughly wash, wax and clean the car. I'm going to do that tomorrow. I'll post a few pictures after I do that.

It has an aftermarket JVC CD player in it, which has a trunk-mounted 12 disc CD changer. I'm not crazy about that system, but since it came with the car and it's free, I'm going to try it out for a bit. I also bought one of those little Cassette to 1/8th inch connectors so I can run my iPhone through the car speakers. It's a bit of a hack, but it sounds OK.

The windshield wipers are weird aftermarket monstrosities, so they've definitely got to go. Any recommended blades for this car? I'm probably going to replace them tomorrow. I'm also going to get some rain-x for the windshield, since I really like that stuff.

The only major problem with the car is the steering wheel controls for the cruise control are broken. I'd be interested to know how big of a job it is to swap out the wheel with a new one, and where I might be able to find a new or used 1995 Mustang wheel, since I'd like to get that feature working again. I don't really have the space or knowledge to do something like that myself, so I'd have it done by my mechanic. Any advice on a steering wheel swap would be appreciated.

Since I live in Canada, and I plan to drive this car during the winter, I'm also going to be picking up a set of snow tires. I've found a used set from a local seller on Craigslist that even come on 1995 Mustang rims, so that seems like a good deal. I'm going to go check them out this week.

Well, nice to meet everyone, I look forward to reading this forum!

bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Re: Hi From Toronto, Canada!

welcome :thumbs2:

With the proper tires and a light foot, you will be fine driving in winter...putting some sand tubes/bags in the trunk will help with traction as well.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Missouri

03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

welcome, you can replace the buttons pretty easy, first i would find out what the issue is, if they are getting power, could be just a fuse blown.

if you look at each side of the steering wheel on the back area there will be two little circles take that piece off and there will be a bolt, take the bolt off on each side and the air bag comes out, then you can get access to the buttons. Take the negative battery terminal off first though~ until you unplug the air bag
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

« Hello | Hello »