Doug, from SW Missouri. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Doug, from SW Missouri.

Hi, My name's Doug. I'm from SW Missouri, obviously. I drive an 2009 V6, 5speed. Got a bit of story behind it...

Last year I was in high school, my school raffled a 2009 V6 Mustang to raise money for our Senior Class. Of course, I sold tickets to my family, but only joking spoke about winning the car. When they held the drawing, they drew my grandfather's name, and my grandmother stood up and announced they were giving the car to me. This is on graduation night, while the graduating class is in the back rehearsing. I was informed and was in shock.

Two days later I was signing the papers to get the car titled in my name. A couple checks, roughly 6 grand later (Taxes), and the car was mine.

I've got high hopes for my car; really going to try to get it road-race worthy and thought that joining forums would be a fantastic way to get good ideas. Not to mention to help me out because after all, I'm definately not a super-genius when it comes to Mustangs.
LuminaV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Doug, from SW Missouri.

We aren't allowed to tell you tips on street racing but just say your gonna go to a legal drag strip and do whatever you like but i'd advise you not to.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

That's a great story, glad to hear you won

We have quite a few AutoX and rally guys here, many guys here also like to go as fast as they can in a straight line 1/4 mile at a time. Some just come for maintenance advice and to find parts while others are just Mustang fanatics.

The great thing about the Mustang is that it can be adapted so easily for nearly every type of racing there is. Despite what many people may believe the car can carve corners like no other and not just go straight. I believe it's one of even the better type of drifting cars out there (if you're into that).

DarkShadows and Y2E0L0L5OWGT (or something crazy like that) are just two of the guys to talk to about AutoX. Just recently there were a few threads about organized road racing (search for something like "really want to learn how to drive" for the thread).

You can start off by looking at SCCA Sports Car Club of America for their regulations, rules and races near you. Then look at Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension for some high quality parts (I believe MM caters more to the road racer). Look at our site sponsors as well since they too offer some other great products, can get you the parts you need, and help build up that race car!

:drinkbud:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

Welcome, great story.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you are in a good car group. The mustang has one of the best and biggest followings there are.

My advice (that you should really take) is to do your research before you spend any money. Make sure you know where you want to end up with the car (realistically... I see to many twin turbos 1000+ hp coming soon!)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Talking Re: Doug, from SW Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
That's a great story, glad to hear you won

We have quite a few AutoX and rally guys here, many guys here also like to go as fast as they can in a straight line 1/4 mile at a time. Some just come for maintenance advice and to find parts while others are just Mustang fanatics.

The great thing about the Mustang is that it can be adapted so easily for nearly every type of racing there is. Despite what many people may believe the car can carve corners like no other and not just go straight. I believe it's one of even the better type of drifting cars out there (if you're into that).

DarkShadows and Y2E0L0L5OWGT (or something crazy like that) are just two of the guys to talk to about AutoX. Just recently there were a few threads about organized road racing (search for something like "really want to learn how to drive" for the thread).

You can start off by looking at SCCA Sports Car Club of America for their regulations, rules and races near you. Then look at Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension for some high quality parts (I believe MM caters more to the road racer). Look at our site sponsors as well since they too offer some other great products, can get you the parts you need, and help build up that race car!

:drinkbud:
Thanks alot man, I'll browse some of there threads. I'm glad you caught my meaning by road-race.. I'm not big for the streets.

I'll keep MM in mind when I start looking to changing the suspension. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
you are in a good car group. The mustang has one of the best and biggest followings there are.

My advice (that you should really take) is to do your research before you spend any money. Make sure you know where you want to end up with the car (realistically... I see to many twin turbos 1000+ hp coming soon!)

Great advice, I've got plenty of time to do research, and I've already (probably incorrectly, lol) figured that to complete my dream it'd be around twenty large. Then again, this will take place over a various years, so there is room for change. As for realistical goals, a 400 hp Procharged 6 isn't too out there.. especially when I've heard of 15 psi stock internals Prochargers with 500hp. Nah.. I don't like getting in over my head. I'm not for that.

Then again, a built 4.0 running 10psi probably would be about 350-400... I think. I don't know, hell. Thats why smart people like you guys are here. I can see myself learning alot about the internal mechanics through the internet this winter. Either way.. It'll be awhile before you see any "COMING SOON!" from me... Life takes time, and I've got plenty of it.

Thanks again guys.
LuminaV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome :thumbs2:

Lucky bastard you are...cool story behind getting the car man.

You're definitely at the right place to learn about your car and what it's capable of. This forum is different from other mustang forums because the members here don't frown upon v6 mustangs. Everyone is willing to help any mustang owner out regardless of their cylinder count.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

12psi and about 300rwhp is the safe limit on the 3.8L v6 engine, not sure about the 4.0L in the new ones. But thats sock, with a build motor just N/A you can hit 250rwhp, if you build it low compression with a supercharger and built internals you can go MUCH higher, but you will probably end up with 10k in the motor.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
(realistically... I see to many twin turbos 1000+ hp coming soon!)

You wouldn't happen to be related to SVTBurnout on SVTP would you? LOL j/p

If you don't know what I mean.. check the Smackdown forums for his name.. he claims to have a 1000+ HP twin turbo SB Teminator.. but won't post pics and ****... its a really really deep and evoled story and quite hilarious...

BTW I know 1000+ HP is possible.. you could have read the above post and took it that I was saying it wasn't possible...
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

oh yes, ive read those threads its great

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings