New Vista Blue '09 Mustang GT/CS owner! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
New Vista Blue '09 Mustang GT/CS owner!

hey guys - I'm a new '09 Mustang GT/CS (Vista Blue) owner. Bought mine back in June and have been lovin' it. I've never been much a stickler for the car I drive but one day I was watching my co-worker pull outta the parking lot in his '08 Black GT and for some reason I just fell in love with it. When my old '96 Civic broke down and I started shopping around, I just couldn't stop thinking about the GTs no matter what car manuf./dealership I was visiting. Been digging around a lot of the threads in this forum for a while now and people seem pretty cool & helpful so I figured I'd create an account.

Life's been pretty boring and so I needed something productive to do - I learned to drive stick just for this car and plan on mod'ing it a good amount. I've got an engineering background but haven't really ever worked on cars at all (always been focused way towards the computer/electronic engineering side of the spectrum) - for the most part I'm clueless. Been collecting lots of reading material anywhere I can find it - anything that'll help me catch up technically on the different aspects of automobile function.

I've done some of the easier stuff already. Made some aesthetic changes like swapping the antenna & swapping in aluminum gt500 pedal covers (like everyone says - this was PITA!). Also swapped in the M-5230-GTA axle-back's. Got a whole list of aesthetic, HP & stability mod's I'd like to slowly get to. I plan on a lot of research before I make any decisions and am thinking forums like ME are going to help out a lot - both for researching mods as well as with helping to figure out what sounds/looks right on & in my car and what doesn't (which I should get the dealership to fix).

I'm nothing near being a 'gear head' but I'd love to get there someday. Will post pics of my new ride soon!
FenixBirdWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: New Vista Blue '09 Mustang GT/CS owner!

to ME

The great thing about these cars is that they are very easy to work on, you get a lot for only a little (a great starting platform), and are also great to learn on.

Whenever you have a question just feel free to ask!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Welcome to ME!
If your like most engineers I've known, I'm sure you'll fall right into what you want to do to your car! My first year living in Auburn.... I had a buddy/neighbor that was in AU Mechanical engineering. I sat on his porch drinking beer one day, and watched him make a contraption to align the front-end of his 240. Now he's in Ft. Walton, working for a company at Eglin AFB, designing and testing cases for missile transport. The down side?.... as damned smart as he was....the silly ****er didn't have sense enough to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time! hahahaha
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome :thumbs2:

Mustang is a great car to own, mod, and drive. It has tons of potential and the market for mods seems endless. Installing things and doing work on your car will teach you a ton about the car...and those analytical/problem solving skills will come in handy, you'll see

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

congrats on the car. The NUMBER ONE rule that if you follow all else will fall into place is.... "Do your research" so you know you are getting what you want, at a price thats good, and quality you want.

Set a goal and know what it takes to get there, throwing money at it is one way to go about it... but there are better ways lol.

Enjoy the fun of modding lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #8

Welcome to the site, I'm new here myself. I look forward to seeing that Vista Blue! I have an '06 VB Saleen myself.
uniqueCobra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings