Joseph From Northern California - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Joseph From Northern California

Hello all,
I've always liked Mustangs and finally got one in 2001. I got a 1999 Electric Green Mustang, 5 speed manual. I hit a deer going.....well I won't repeat how fast I was going. Long story short, the car was totaled but it still ran. I used it for about a year and then finally stopped driving it because I was finally able to get something else. Anywho, I got the body fixed and the the car still wasn't completely legal because of the airbags deploying and the expense of getting them re-set was about $2000. Pretty steep for me. So fast forward to about 7 years later the car has been sitting and nothing has been done to it. I want to restore it and have no idea where to start. I found this site by accident and I'm glad I did because it looks as though many of you know what you are doing and talking about. So could you please steer me in the right direction in starting the restoration process. I have to warn you ahead of time, I've never been mechanically inclined so this is brand spanking new to me and I will probably need things spelled out for me. Thanks to you all for your patience and I look forward to hearing from you.

J400Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Region: Tennessee
Re: Joseph From Northern California

Welcome to the site Joseph. No need to worry about being mechanically inclined. We have all types of Mustang enthusiasts on the site and we welcome anyone who wants to learn more.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin

Late Model Restoration Supply has many OEM replacement parts that you may need.

Mustang Parts & Accessories at 50resto

American Muscle also has a few replacement parts. They have recently been stocking factory parts at very good prices with free shipping!

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about restoring your car. We will help as best we can and point you in the right direction.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Illinois

Best thing to do sir is tell us everthing the vehicle needs to look as if it is brand new (body damage, engine problems, drivetrain problems, interior problems) We can tell you what you need to buy fix where to buy and some of us even can sell you used parts for alot cheaper than online stores. I myself can provide you with some body parts just tell us whatcha need and we will help simple as that. good luck!!!
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Sounds like it could be a fun project, and I would assume pretty low mileage, too!

Good luck with everything... (and as mentioned earlier, let us know what needs to be done yet on the car)
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

to the forum, there is a lot of good help here.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member

the first thing you need to do is fix what you need to get the car street legal again.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Registered Member

1998 coupe auto 3.27
2.25 h-pipe 2 cats
2.25 gt cat back
K&N drop in
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
Registered Member

Would you like to sell it?

SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings