New Guy from Australia - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #1

New Guy from Australia

Hi Guys and Gals,

May name is Roger, from Canberra in Australia. I used to have a wild '66 Mustang Coupe a few years ago, and now am interested in looking into buying a 2007 Parnelli Jones Mustang. I have been watching them on EBay, and some classified sites, but not quite ready to buy yet. Hopefully your forum site might give me some more info on these and other Saleen Mustangs, both good and bad feedback.

Cheers,

Roger
GRETELLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: New Guy from Australia

Greetings !! Welcome to the site

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #3

Gee you are quick off the mark!!
Here is a couple of photos of my old Mustang for you guys to check out.

It was running a worked 351 Windsor with alloy heads, 4 speed Toploader, and good ol' Ford 9" Diff! It was even still Left Hand Drive!

Cheers, Roger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

that is a sweet *** '66. Welcome. I think the car your looking at getting is also very cool.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Welcome to the Site.

Why don't you have a FPV Falcon? If you don't mind me asking.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Welcome!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Welcome!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #8

I did own an FPV Falcon GT a couple of years ago but sold it last year. I Have an FPV Super Pursuit Ute (Falcon "Pick up truck" in US speak!) which I use every day for work. You don't see too many Mustangs here apart from local club runs and car shows. I believe there about half a dozen PJ's in Australia, and I am keen to add another!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRETELLEN View Post
I did own an FPV Falcon GT a couple of years ago but sold it last year. I Have an FPV Super Pursuit Ute (Falcon "Pick up truck" in US speak!) which I use every day for work. You don't see too many Mustangs here apart from local club runs and car shows. I believe there about half a dozen PJ's in Australia, and I am keen to add another!
I wish Ford would bring your Falcon series to the states. Now you gotta post some pictures of your Ute, I love those so much. Now the Super Pursuit is that the 5.4 4V DOHC XR8 or the turbo Inline six XR6T?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #10

The XR8's are part of the Ford range of vehicles. The FPV Range is Fords performance arm, like Shelby or Saleen with the Mustangs in the States. My FPV Ute is the 5.4 Litre 32Valve Quad Cam engine. Power rated at 290 Kw (approx 394Hp) from factory. I have had some mods done to mine including Extractors and full Stainless steel exhaust system, Yella Terra Plenum with twin throttle body, cold air induction, and Flash tune. I'm guessing the engine power now is somewhere around the 400Kw mark (approx 540Hp). The Austalian Falcon manufactured in the last 7 or 8 years really is a great product that should be exported to the US - you guys would love it! Our GM manufacturer (Holden) has been exporting local Monaros and Commodores to the US over recent times, marketing them as "Pontiac GTO's" and "Pontiac G8's" (?). The Falcon is a much better car than these let me tell you.
Here is a couple of pictures of my ute that I took with my phone a couple years ago. Enjoy.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #11

And some pictures of the FPV Falcon GT that I owned for a while.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

welcome to the site!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah The Holden Commodore (Pontiac G8) and the Monaros (Pontiac GTO) did not do so hot here in the States and Now GM has killed Pontiac. Rumor had it that Ford took note and decided to not bring the Falcon over. But I hope that this One Ford strategy changes that. But has the 2.0 EB Falcon hit sales floors yet?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Welcome to the site, and my I say, that 66' is a sweet freaking ride!! My God, I hope I retire with a good fortune someday so that I can collect such a sweet piece of machinery!
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome

Those are all some very nice looking vehicles...I'd love to have that 66

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
welcome

Those are all some very nice looking vehicles...I'd love to have that 66
Thanks Mate,

Yes the '66 was one tough car that attracted lots of attention wherever it went. It also got up and boogied quite well too! But that is now in the past. I'm now looking forward to my next Mustang adventure - this time involving a very special Parnelli Jones model - it must be hiding over there somewhere just waiting for me.

I'm planning a trip to Melbourne next weekend to hopefully visit a shop that coverts and complies the new Mustangs for Australia to get the low down on importing/converting etc. It costs heaps to get one of these fine beasts over here, converted to right hand drive, complied for Australian conditions, and registered (licensed) - about $90,000 - $100,000 by the time it's on the road. You guys don't realise how good (and cheap) you have it over there!

I am enjoying checking out all the pictures of everyones beasts - keep them coming!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRETELLEN View Post
It costs heaps to get one of these fine beasts over here, converted to right hand drive, complied for Australian conditions, and registered (licensed) - about $90,000 - $100,000 by the time it's on the road. You guys don't realise how good (and cheap) you have it over there!
I say the same thing about the Falcon. But that gave (and still gives me) the excuse to take a trip to Australia (yeah just for the car the country was beautiful though).

You want to swap rides? My old mans Cobra for your Falcon Ute.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Ok heres an idea, make that Falcon a AWD turbo'd 4 and have it be the competetion for the EVO and STI the ricers got that market on lock down.
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Welcome! 66 Stang is super nice. Goodluck finding your new one
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
Ok heres an idea, make that Falcon a AWD turbo'd 4 and have it be the competetion for the EVO and STI the ricers got that market on lock down.
Ford has a 2.0 EB I4 for the Falcon (that is brand new) and has a XR6T which is a straight turbo six cylinder that displaces 4 liters. They are all RWD, and correct me if Im wrong GRETELLEN, Ford doesn't offer the Falcon in AWD (yet).

When I went to Australia for vacation I got to drive a XR6T and it was a beast. I wish I could move to Australia.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
Ford has a 2.0 EB I4 for the Falcon (that is brand new) and has a XR6T which is a straight turbo six cylinder that displaces 4 liters. They are all RWD, and correct me if Im wrong GRETELLEN, Ford doesn't offer the Falcon in AWD (yet).

When I went to Australia for vacation I got to drive a XR6T and it was a beast. I wish I could move to Australia.
I think the EB I4 Falcon is only due for release next year (?). The standard Falcon is the 4.0 Litre and has a Turbo option (XR6T). The FPV F6 is apparently the real weapon - rated at 310Kw (but some say it is very understated). FPV are releasing the new GT's with your US "Coyote" 5.0 supercharged engines which were supposed to be out by now, but have been delayed until September.

I think the USA and Australia should have a free trade agreement, where I can straight swap you a nice Falcon GT, F6, or XR6T for one of your awesome Mustangs (Shelby, Saleen etc.) without all the extra taxes and costs - Whatya Say?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings