Mustang Evolution Forum banner

15 year old?!

5K views 87 replies 31 participants last post by  ivoryowner 
#1 ·
A 15 year old wanting a Mustang?! Im from Houston, Texas, bron and raised, I love Mustangs and everything about them. First off let me say that I know more about Mustangs than alot of 15 year olds do and im always willing to listen to people to help me know more about them and become "part of the family". Anyways, im looking at anywhere from a 99-04 Mustang GT for my first car, please dont tell me im going to have my face re-arranged on a telephone pole and how a v2 engine is too much for me, ive heard it all. Not trying to be an ass or think im smarter/wiser about the subject because im sure most of you already have your Mustang and are on your way with mods so to speak.

Thanks for getting to know a little about me and I hope I can learn more about Mustangs and interact with you guys! :D

#5 · (Edited)
LMAO !!! Since when is too much a issue for a jersey girl Nicole !!!

Welcome to the site !! It's not about too much power. It's more the maturity\responsiblity level to handle the rice rocket thats gonna pull up next to you and wanna race .Do you have the skills to hold the car in a straight line etc etc

#10 ·
its not so much responsibility, its the lack of experience that goes along with the power of the v8. trust me, i've seen first hand what happens to kids driving fast cars that don't know how to handle it or just aren't ready for it :disgust:

#20 ·
My first car at 16 was a pile.. my next car, less than 6 months later was a 5.0 mustang.. I had no problems with it.. I made some stupid choices, but I learned from them after the fact 'hey I really could have hurt myself' I kept (most of) the crazy driving to the track..

As long as you realize there's a time and a place to have fun.. and you can appreciate that a car is a 3k+ pound, 50 MPH+ blunt weapon, then I have no problem with you wanting a mustang as your first car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.