not so new anymore - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
not so new anymore

Hey guys i never knew this forum was here so i never introduced myself but i figured i would now since i just found out about it. My name is Billy, i live in Columbus Ohio. Im 17 now and have had my stang for about a year but before stang i had an 88gmc full size jimmy with a 3 inch lift and some 33 inch tires. I wasnt happy with the jimmy and talked my parents into selling it for a mustang. So i got a 96v6 5 speed, pacific green. I wouldnt have it any other way than havin a 5 speed if i had to have a 6er. now within hopefully the next two years i will have a gt because i feel like im ready for something with a little more power.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: not so new anymore

welcome lol, I wish my 97 v6 I had was a manual I didnt make that mistake twice.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Love the Stang. I love lifted trucks but I'd be much more happier with a Stang as well.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i told my parents im like ill buy an automatic gt but there is no way in hell that ill drive an automatic v6.

and yeah i miss the jimmy it was awesome but i felt like i had to have a stang, just for the fact that the stang has been the car i have wanted for years.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

I had a 2000 Black V6 Stang for awhile and it started to run into some problems so I decided to do a manual '07 Focus hatch (black on black) and that little sucker was fun to drive with that rally suspension but I had to get back into a Stang. The hubs said I about cried when they took it away... especially after the sales guy did a burnout as I drove away in the Focus. haha.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I had a 2000 Black V6 Stang for awhile and it started to run into some problems so I decided to do a manual '07 Focus hatch (black on black) and that little sucker was fun to drive with that rally suspension but I had to get back into a Stang. The hubs said I about cried when they took it away... especially after the sales guy did a burnout as I drove away in the Focus. haha.
lmao thats just not right that would break my heart seeing someone do a burnout driving off in my stang and to me there will never be anything more fun than a stang.... well besides my dads 1969 coronet, its a r/t clone. the power that the car has is amazing but the downside is theres no power steering so if yer tryin to park its a tank haha. im lucky he lets me drive it.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
Hey guys i never knew this forum was here so i never introduced myself but i figured i would now since i just found out about it. My name is Billy, i live in Columbus Ohio. Im 17 now and have had my stang for about a year but before stang i had an 88gmc full size jimmy with a 3 inch lift and some 33 inch tires. I wasnt happy with the jimmy and talked my parents into selling it for a mustang. So i got a 96v6 5 speed, pacific green. I wouldnt have it any other way than havin a 5 speed if i had to have a 6er. now within hopefully the next two years i will have a gt because i feel like im ready for something with a little more power.
Welcome. Nice job of talking your parents into that car. I wanted a 5 speed in mine badly, but the price was too good to pass up.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome

There's just something about driving/riding/having a stang...driving another car just isn't the same. I have terrible withdrawals during winter

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
welcome

There's just something about driving/riding/having a stang...driving another car just isn't the same. I have terrible withdrawals during winter
yeah welll my car was 1900 dollars and a first car and i dont have a second car sooo.... i have to drive it through winter haha. last winter i didnt have snow tires, but this year im buyin some. ive been told they will make a night and day difference, especially since i was running kuhmo excsta's last winter. and not to mention the rears were bald..... there were several times i couldnt make it up my drive way lmao.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings