Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Newbie Packing 8

2K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  CodySchraad 
#1 ·
Hello all, just came across this site and decided to give it a go. I have an 02 Mustang GT!!! the v8 is the only way to go!!!!!! I find it hard to believe they come in v6 form but whatever!!!!! Im in the lone star state yall so howdy!!!

#42 ·
Us sixer are sensatitive about our engines lol, people like yourself give of us a hard time so we feel we have so much more to prove. im with brent i also like a stang for looks and making it look nice. in my opinion a six should be for looks and gas mileage....the first thousand i spent on mine was for cosmetic, but then we get idiots that give us a hard tiem about how it just looks pretty but it aint fast its pointless to have a pretty mustang thats slow they say, sooooo we or i began to dump thousands upon thousands into the engine. see if your car just looks pretty but its slow thats almost the same definition as a ricer, all looks no bite. we take pride in what power we can squeeze out of the 6, its not made to be powerful but some of us make them powerful...a v8s built to have power, its easy to make it fast. to take something thats not meant to have alot of power and make it out run something that is built for power well.....its very exciting...your right if you take the same mods i have and put them on an 8 naturally an 8 will out run me! but say if he hs half my mods he want. the point is people say 6's are slow and pointless and when you make them hang and challenge something that is built to be fast it make me proud...so when people start poking fun or say rude comments it hurts our pride thats why we get so defensive!

#43 ·
^^ I get that 100% I am not or probably will never be a track guy,I also think a car....any car, should have the looks and out is nice to have the power also.Im not the street racer type guy either but I am one to appreciate a fast good looking car period.So if I see a nice fast sixxer, import, old school, rat rod whatever...they get the thumbs up from me.I just like cars period and just have never liked the guy that says my car can roast yours even if its 6 vs 8 or the other way around.

On another note, if I did by a six it would probably be the G37s coupe.There is one on the G37 forums now that is TT and making on the range of 530+hp with no problems.Their goal is too get it to 600.

#44 ·
you know it was even in talks a few years back to make the new GT mustang that rolled out this year to be a v6 Twin turbo instead of the v8 N/A....a 6 cylinder has alot of potential and 3.9 is a big 6! Ford just doesnt make them to be modded so alot more, well basically the whole thing has to be modded to reach numbers in the 500's

#47 ·
:rolleyes:naaahhhhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.