Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Newbie Packing 8

2K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  CodySchraad 
#1 ·
Hello all, just came across this site and decided to give it a go. I have an 02 Mustang GT!!! the v8 is the only way to go!!!!!! I find it hard to believe they come in v6 form but whatever!!!!! Im in the lone star state yall so howdy!!!

#2 ·
Hey now...don't knock the V6. The new '11 will give you a run for your money.

Welcome to the site

#5 ·
Lol...ok. As a person who has a 5.0, 2v 4.6, and 4v 4.6 in the driveway I have respect for the V6 cars.

#14 ·
welcome.. don't hate on the 6ers so much man. they need love too. and i know of a couple that could smash a stock V8...

plus, the Mustang wouldn't be what it is without the 6ers around. most ppl start out with a 6er and end up with a GT or Cobra. nothing wrong with that. i have an 88 GT and i still love to drive my 6er around.

#17 ·
1999-2004 V8 260hp/300tq
2011 V6 305hp/280tq

hmmm regardless if it has 1hp or 1000hp if it was not for the V6 there would be NO v8 mustang, or any mustang. Be sure to thank all those V6 owners for allowing you the right to own a V8.

#18 ·
1999-2004 V8 260hp/300tq
2011 V6 305hp/280tq

hmmm regardless if it has 1hp or 1000hp if it was not for the V6 there would be NO v8 mustang, or any mustang. Be sure to thank all those V6 owners for allowing you the right to own a V8.
AMEN.. this is the point i was trying to make as well.

#24 ·
welcome :good:

Yah I think I'm safe in saying you're outnumbered on the site here...v6 to GT. A mustang is a mustang...4 cylinder, v6, v8, it's better than a damn import car and certainly better than a neon, lol at least imo.

And as much as I hate to say it, since I love the 99-04 GT's as well...they are yards behind most cars of that time and now...there are too many v6 sedans that could put a hurting on a 99-04 GT.

#25 ·
Whats worse is whena super six or turbod six or better yet a TT six comes flying by u, ive embarrased sooooo many GTs and 5.0s it aint even funny, that funniest part is when we get to the next light and i inform them its a six LOL...aaahhhh that look is pricelss.....7 grand well spent lol

#26 ·
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars. These stories of a v6 with so and so mods make them seem better but they aren't had the v8 had that work done it would smash the v6. I don't believe any of these cars are impressive stock. But all of us on here make them better. Like zebs sc sonics rims/tires and so on. The gt gets a bad rap because 16 year olds parents buy them for them and the kid knows nothing about the car other than there is a gt emblem on the fender and trunk and talks **** to v6 guys. i know all about that i had a v6 in high school and the gt guys told me every single day my car was a piece of **** because i didn't have the emblem.

#27 ·
This is true, you can make anything fast if you invest money, thats why its a simple choice of do what you enjoy~ So many give V6's BS... I hate hearing it as they love their mustang as much as V8 owners.

#30 ·
Intersting video. There is also one with a '11 V6 against a '10 GT. The GT is faster by about a car-length, but it is a lot closer than I would have expected. I would think some gears and CAI, would put it in the running.

#38 ·
wow.. can't believe this thread is turning into this.

why are we all on this forum? because we have fast cars? NO

we're here for one big reason. a passion for the Ford Mustang. whether your Mustang is a 8 second car or doesn't run, you're here because you have a similar interest with people around the world. i've made friends on this site & learned a lot. i always said this site was so different than the other car forums because it was always so friendly. so, with that being said

CHILL OUT PPL. just because a douchebag came in here thinking he was king of the world with his stock V8 doesn't mean ppl of the site need to start arguing. we're all intitled to our own opinions and each of us feel differently about different things. whether you spend money on cosmetics or engine mods, whether you have a V6 or V8, enjoy your passion and do what you want to with your own car.

#39 ·
Exactly. There will always be a faster car out there. My car definately isn't fast but im still in college so it isn't a priority. I just wanted something to enjoy and not have to worry about a note or insurance. It just gets annoying with some of these comments about the 6. I don't see the shelby or cobra owners telling the gt owners anything. I guess they're just more mature about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.