noob from memphis/starkville - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Re: noob from memphis/starkville

i will be there tomorrow night and ill be sure to bring the camera but i doubt the way you guys are talking about it on here that he will even show up... but if he does he will either say he doesnt want to race because he doesnt want to get a ticket or his car is not running right... he might drive a stang but he is pulling some ricer tatics to get out of racing... i might have a fast car but if someone wants to race to prove they can beat something they know is slower then ill run just for the fun of it and sometimes i win a few because of stupidity on other peoples part like missing shifts or not getting a good launch...
79Ghia50Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself. Racing is supposed to be an activity to get to know people and have fun, and in some cases some friendly competition. But showing up in the parking lot and saying you'd smoke everything in is a noob thing to do.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Taywi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
+1 Couldn't have said it better myself. Racing is supposed to be an activity to get to know people and have fun, and in some cases some friendly competition. But showing up in the parking lot and saying you'd smoke everything in is a noob thing to do.
yeah... good point.. but even at that... i ain't racing my car unless i know i can beat... cause my pride is already hurt by the fact i have a 2.8 lol... i don't need anymore put downs

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
The way he acted towards my friends in the parking lot and the way he almost hit Chris(yellow2005gt or whatever, the other new guy from starkville) he doesn't get any respect from me. The only race you'd see is how fast the camara can stay zoomed in on me. He'll see nothing but my tailights...
yeah i wanna see you take his money cause Ive done the same with people around here who talked smacked (whether it would have been my car or a buddies) its always fun taking someone elses money
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

look i might not drive a stang at the moment but even when i was driving mine my current little v6 smoked my *** several times simply because it is newer and and it has more power then most ppl would think... the 1997 RS came from the with 200HP that chevrolet claimed in order to keep the insurance and we all know that most car ompanies underate vehicles for that one reason so i would i assume that after 10 years and 124000+ miles i still have around that many after wear and tear...

i am not dissing my 5.0L brothers because if i had the money right now i would be driving my old stang simply because it is a 302 and there is no substitute for v8 torque and sound
Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Ghia50Stang View Post
there is no substitute for v8 torque and sound
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #42

Yea i wouldn't say I was talkin trash but I wasn't backin down when people tried to talk big to me. I do run mostly for money but thats only becuase as i'm sure you have an expensive car that you spend the majority of your money towards and you have random people come up to you talkin trash tryin to talk big about there unmodified or just poorly built cars. Well i tell people i race for cash to make them think twice about whether or not they really want to push peoples buttons. My car ain't that fast where I come from but it does move as I already know yours does but that doesn't mean i'm gonna come up to you and talk big because I already know i will lose. I mean i'm from memphis and i have to constantly deal with people that have watched fast and the furious too much and think their civics with air intakes and coffee can mufflers can race anyone...but i did apolgize to some of the guys and i will be there tonight around 9
volantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

thats cool dude and we were not trying to rag on your ride because IMO i do like your car... but the one thing i can say i dont like about it is your exhuast because it is so obnoxiously loud (dont know if i spelt that right but i dont care ) but to each his own... i just prefer a more reserved mellow tone to an all out belt and i am sure it tones down on the highway but that is just my $0.02 but yea just come out tonight and hang out but if some one wants to race dont say you will only race for cash because hardly anyone around here is going to do that... but if you find someone that will good luck to you
Old 02-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #44

i wrote the first post with out reading about how popular I am already I did come into the a parking lot moving quick but in all honesty i didn't almost hit the yellow mustang i had at least 10-15 feet on my right before i would have even hit the car....Trust me i didn't mean to come hang out with you guys talkin trash bein a jerk but I mean thats all i'm used to in memphis it was a giant surprise that you guys just hung out and talked in a civil manner so as I said I am sorry to make a jerk out of myself and i'll be there tonight even if you guys do hate me just to try to make a better impression...and yeah if ya'll don't want me to come around than I won't so I mean theres nothing else I can say or do besides say sorry....to the yellow GT and whoever i offended...if people want to race me we can talk about it, i race people I know for fun it is just people I don't know i tell them I race for cash that way i don't have to argue with people....if someone wants to talk about cash race we can figure somethin out but if its obvious its a one sided race than I'm not stupid and of course i will say no
Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by volantus View Post
i wrote the first post with out reading about how popular I am already I did come into the a parking lot moving quick but in all honesty i didn't almost hit the yellow mustang i had at least 10-15 feet on my right before i would have even hit the car....Trust me i didn't mean to come hang out with you guys talkin trash bein a jerk but I mean thats all i'm used to in memphis it was a giant surprise that you guys just hung out and talked in a civil manner so as I said I am sorry to make a jerk out of myself and i'll be there tonight even if you guys do hate me just to try to make a better impression...and yeah if ya'll don't want me to come around than I won't so I mean theres nothing else I can say or do besides say sorry....to the yellow GT and whoever i offended...if people want to race me we can talk about it, i race people I know for fun it is just people I don't know i tell them I race for cash that way i don't have to argue with people....if someone wants to talk about cash race we can figure somethin out but if its obvious its a one sided race than I'm not stupid and of course i will say no
No one hates you, man...you just rubbed a lot of us the wrong way whipping into the parking lot with the other two guys like your ***** don't stink...and then one of the first comments you make is "that passat must be fast if because it can beat me"...the passat may in fact be quick, but to imply that the standard of quickness is defined by beating you implies that you think far to highly of yourself...and that's not a way you want to come across to people you don't know...Most of us in our car-groups around here have known each other for a while and know who talks ***** and everything else, but the key to that is that we know you...as i am sure most guys on here, when you are apart of a group, it's about trust and who you know...most of us don't like outsiders who pull right up and try to act like they own the world...and you're welcome to come hang out with us any time, just try to get to know some of us before you start talking about only running for money and that this car is fast and that car is fast and all of that...most of us are friends first and racing is just part of that...
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
No one hates you, man...you just rubbed a lot of us the wrong way whipping into the parking lot with the other two guys like your ***** don't stink...and then one of the first comments you make is "that passat must be fast if because it can beat me"...the passat may in fact be quick, but to imply that the standard of quickness is defined by beating you implies that you think far to highly of yourself...and that's not a way you want to come across to people you don't know...Most of us in our car-groups around here have known each other for a while and know who talks ***** and everything else, but the key to that is that we know you...as i am sure most guys on here, when you are apart of a group, it's about trust and who you know...most of us don't like outsiders who pull right up and try to act like they own the world...and you're welcome to come hang out with us any time, just try to get to know some of us before you start talking about only running for money and that this car is fast and that car is fast and all of that...most of us are friends first and racing is just part of that...

i'm with this man..

Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

yea dude come out and just find micheal and tell him what you just posted and he will understand... so see you then
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

+1 with what Chris said.... See you tonight.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

so... did he show?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #51

no I didn't I came by around 10 but no one was there so I was unable to apologize.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Well, we ended up moving around. How about we not discuss this in this forum k?

We can settle the rest in person.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

yeah it would be better to talk it over in person and next time check the facebook group because micheal or someone will post the general plan for the night but we went to hardees tonight
Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #54

which facebook group
Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

SAEC-Starkville Auto Enthusiast Group

If you're not in it I'll shoot you an invite.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings