new ideas for the foxyroxy(: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via Skype™ to mjroxy2010(:
new ideas for the foxyroxy(:

well, to start, me and my boyfriend of a year and a half, just broke up,

so i decided to go crazy with new ideas(:
i just got a job,so i'm gonna be bringing in some dough(:

first things first, getting a throttle body spacer, second, tint, third, lower this bad boy(:, and while i'm doing all this, i'm gonna be putting in money for the wheels i want. i figured i'm going with 18'9 deep dish,black bullitt. they're gonna be beautiful(:.

anyone wanna offer more ideas? i'm takin anything.(:
mjroxy2010(: is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: new ideas for the foxyroxy(:

Better off throwing the money for the throttle body in the ground and hoping for a supercharger to grow than getting power out of it.

Appearance is all your opinion, but performance i'd go with gears.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to 95YellowGT_5.0

i agree with the gears, the throttle body won't do you much if you don't have other mods to support it
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Yep, get gears for performance! And lowering would set it off and handle awesome. That's one of the best things I've done to mine. Can't wait wait to see.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

lowering and wheels both work great in totally changing the cars look and you can install your own springs quite easily, read my how to in the article section.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
Better off throwing the money for the throttle body in the ground and hoping for a supercharger to grow than getting power out of it.

Appearance is all your opinion, but performance i'd go with gears.

LOL....yup, couldn't have said it better!
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah definitely save the money on anything throttle body until you're running a power adder.

Springs and wheels are great appearance mods...probably some of the best you can do.

As far as performance...go gears/tlok or tuner...you'll need the tuner for the gears anyways, so it never hurts to get that right away. The tuner will squeeze a fair amount of hp and tq depending on the tune, and if you have an auto (can't remember) it will improve it greatly.

American Muscle who has paired with Bama Chips do great tunes as well as VMP Tuning. SCT seems to be the choice brand here.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

this probably sounds stupid, but what do gears do exactly?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Regular

It increases your acceleration, basically. Gets you into your powerband quicker.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

ah, gotcha, how much do they usally run? and where do they go?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

well, i just went to americanmuscle, price ain't bad, i just have NO idea what i'm lookin at. there's all different sizes, which should i get to get the most power?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

the difference with gears is like nite and day, upgrade to 373 or 410 gears...dont forget your tlok (posi)...Im surprized no one has commented on the newly single comment lol.i got my gears used most people dont recommend it but they have worked fine for me! i got mine of a ford ranger with the tlok, paid $300 for both and the install was arounf $200 i believe, the performance difference is worth every penny, it will really wake the car up i guess you can say!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
the difference with gears is like nite and day, upgrade to 373 or 410 gears...dont forget your tlok (posi)...Im surprized no one has commented on the newly single comment lol.i got my gears used most people dont recommend it but they have worked fine for me! i got mine of a ford ranger with the tlok, paid $300 for both and the install was arounf $200 i believe, the performance difference is worth every penny, it will really wake the car up i guess you can say!
well, what the heck is a tlok(posi)???? and i wanna put them in myself, so.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
Regular

A tlock locks the rear end differential so that both tires spin instead of one. Unless you know what you are doing don't install the gears yourself. Its tricky and installed wrong you will get whine out of them.

You will also either need a turner or a speedcal, depending on the year of your car so that your speedometer reads correctly with the new gears.

The location of the gears is in the middle of the rear axle, in the pumkin looking container.

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
A tlock locks the rear end differential so that both tires spin instead of one. Unless you know what you are doing don't install the gears yourself. Its tricky and installed wrong you will get whine out of them.

You will also either need a turner or a speedcal, depending on the year of your car so that your speedometer reads correctly with the new gears.

The location of the gears is in the middle of the year axle, in the pumkin looking container.
oh okay, makes sense, and my buddy just told me with getting a tuner and gears and such i'd have to get my ecu reporgrammed, which would take my warranty out. right or wrong? i don't wanna do really anything to void my warranty esp cause it's a new car and all.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

LOL bless your heart, if you can install gears and posi your self im dumping lalayla as my online baby mamma and were getting married tonite lol, its def a job for a professional, it can be done at home but its alot of trouble and if its not done perfectly well then you have a real mess on your hands! "posi tract" is when both rear wheel tires spin, right now if you were to do a burn out you would notice only one tire is spinning commonly known as "the one tire fire" , posi will make both tires spin. it really helps when taking off cause both tires grip creating a harder launch! the gears will also allow you as they said to reach your power band quicker so youll feel a real difference in your take off. Its fun and well worth it!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL bless your heart, if you can install gears and posi your self im dumping lalayla as my online baby mamma and were getting married tonite lol, its def a job for a professional, it can be done at home but its alot of trouble and if its not done perfectly well then you have a real mess on your hands! "posi tract" is when both rear wheel tires spin, right now if you were to do a burn out you would notice only one tire is spinning commonly known as "the one tire fire" , posi will make both tires spin. it really helps when taking off cause both tires grip creating a harder launch! the gears will also allow you as they said to reach your power band quicker so youll feel a real difference in your take off. Its fun and well worth it!
hmmm.(: lol i really like the sound of getting gears. i really want more power just to show up my ex, he thinks his car is completly badass. psh!.
i'd still want to try to do it myself, just to do it. i'm ready to get down and dirty with my stang(:
Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the visual lol....please dont try to do that! im really diggin your determination but if you dont know exactly what your doing its gonna cost more to repair it then it would to install it! You wann beat him tell me what u got and tell me what hes got and then tell me your budget! if your trying to out run someone your in the right spot but at the end of the day its all about them $$$$$$$$$$$

Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the visual lol....please dont try to do that! im really diggin your determination but if you dont know exactly what your doing its gonna cost more to repair it then it would to install it! You wann beat him tell me what u got and tell me what hes got and then tell me your budget! if your trying to out run someone your in the right spot but at the end of the day its all about them $$$$$$$$$$$
HAHAHA perv(:.
well, i guess i'll see how to do it, and if i don't know how, get someone to do it, i just wanna see how, doesn't mean i will do it myself.lol i got a 2010 v6 mustang, he has a nissan sentra se-R 5sp with mods here and there, i know i can beat him on interstate, but i wanna beat him from a dig, he loves to rub that in my face to everyone. i really wanna show him up.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #20
Regular

There is always someone faster than you. Drive the car, enjoy it and give no ****s what others think. Just my .02.

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
There is always someone faster than you. Drive the car, enjoy it and give no ****s what others think. Just my .02.
hahah yeah i know that, it's just because of what's going on, is why i'm gonna go crazy with this.(:

i'm just worried about my warranty.... any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

HOO HOO baby gurl have u lined up with him yet? you should already be out running him stock...but yes with gears and posi there would be no question, you have alot more HP then him but your car weighs more, but you should be out running him out the hole according to the specs, BUTTT you might not be gripping. Gears and posi mamma and youll spank him!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
HOO HOO baby gurl have u lined up with him yet? you should already be out running him stock...but yes with gears and posi there would be no question, you have alot more HP then him but your car weighs more, but you should be out running him out the hole according to the specs, BUTTT you might not be gripping. Gears and posi mamma and youll spank him!
haha we haven't ever really lined up, i was too scared, but remember he has mods,
he has, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, and some other things here and there so.. i'm really thinking about gears....
Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

OH WOW ALL THAT HUH LOL>>>all that together adds up to let me seeeee...ummmm.....6 HP...TOPS LOL..im not joking spacer is a waste of money there only good for maybe 2 hp and an intake maybe 4 or 5, HP those are beginner mods! now if he had a supercharger or turbo he might get u, hes scaring u because he knows he'll lose. ill put money on it right now if u lined up with him tonite you would smoke him i promise! i think hes front wheel drive to which is horrible out the hole...that guy is bluffing u bad!!!!!!!!!! i promise u can take him RIGHT NOW LOL...spacer and intake LOL...thats funny lol...

Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
WHAT?!

Haha, how about I just take care of that myself right now...

Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
WHAT?!

Haha, how about I just take care of that myself right now...
I didnt mean it baby i swear lol ......Please talk your friend out of trying to install these herself LOL

Old 08-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
OH WOW ALL THAT HUH LOL>>>all that together adds up to let me seeeee...ummmm.....6 HP...TOPS LOL..im not joking spacer is a waste of money there only good for maybe 2 hp and an intake maybe 4 or 5, HP those are beginner mods! now if he had a supercharger or turbo he might get u, hes scaring u because he knows he'll lose. ill put money on it right now if u lined up with him tonite you would smoke him i promise! i think hes front wheel drive to which is horrible out the hole...that guy is bluffing u bad!!!!!!!!!! i promise u can take him RIGHT NOW LOL...spacer and intake LOL...thats funny lol...
LOL..LOL...6HP..LOL....I agree! Take him!!
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I know right lol...that guys his been BS'n his on girl just so he wouldnt get embarrased, she would spank him....BAD, Your to cute to take that from him. You car stock is just as fast as the 94-04 GT mustangs, those ricer guys never seem to amaze me, now dont get me wrong his car has potential but i wouldnt invest in a ugly car like a sentra LOL...i bet he says its faster too cause its a 5 speed LOL, granted a manual lets u run your rpms higher before shifting but it doesnt actually add more power to the car itself LOL..

Old 08-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I have had two Sentras in my life. A '95 and an '02. I hated both of them for the most part. So glad I saw the light...

Old 08-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

hahahaha, wow. i love you guys.
i mean, i might go race him tomorrow, just too see, should i dig it?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:

What kind of car does this dude have?

While I agree with everything your saying about the low hp gains, don't knock an intake spacer so much. Depending on applications spacers are good for increasing intake volume and minimizing turbulence. You usually see small/minor gains throughout the torque curve. It's small pieces like this in a puzzle that help build correct combinations.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroxy2010(: View Post
hahahaha, wow. i love you guys.
i mean, i might go race him tomorrow, just too see, should i dig it?
So how long before you guys get back together? If you guys weren't still all about each other, you wouldn't care two cents about anything from the other. Don't bother your time if your not into him, and if you are just tell him how you feel and what you want from him.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
What kind of car does this dude have?

While I agree with everything your saying about the low hp gains, don't knock an intake spacer so much. Depending on applications spacers are good for increasing intake volume and minimizing turbulence. You usually see small/minor gains throughout the torque curve. It's small pieces like this in a puzzle that help build correct combinations.
No worth the money, intake spacers are rarely on anyones mod list, but yes a few go for it because for the ad for it makes it sound like its equvalent to putting a supercharger on u car LOL, i take it u have a spacer, U dyno it after install? if you got 4 or 5 hp or LBs of torque for 75 bucks thats decent but 169 bucks is just dumb..

Old 08-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I have had two Sentras in my life. A '95 and an '02. I hated both of them for the most part. So glad I saw the light...
Im glad you did cause we could never be mamma .....seriously why do people get into sentra? there no attractive care AT ALL.im sure someone will say they are but we all know deeeeeppp in our hearts there not, and i have had a millon cars and am usually open to anything but im just not feeling it!

Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No worth the money, intake spacers are rarely on anyones mod list, but yes a few go for it because for the ad for it makes it sound like its equvalent to putting a supercharger on u car LOL, i take it u have a spacer, U dyno it after install? if you got 4 or 5 hp or LBs of torque for 75 bucks thats decent but 169 bucks is just dumb..
Once again, I'll repeat. Intake Spacers serve their purpose by increasing intake volume and reducing air turbulence within the runners and intakes. While you may not see a numerically high increase in power the intake spacer is a very valuable part to have in the correct combination. It's kind of like having a cam with no heads or intake. They all benefit from each other. A spacer, tb, and intake will all help serve their purpose on this dyno graph. I do not have a spacer. I am speaking from general knowledge.

It's a lot nicer to see a +2 hp gain across the dyno graph than it is only at the top. This could net you huge gains on track whether its road course or 1/4.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings