New V6 girl from Texas :) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 AM   #1

Region: Texas
New V6 girl from Texas :)

Hey, my name is Heather I'm from San Antonio, Texas but I'm currently going to school in College Station (GIG'EM AGGIES!!). I drive a '99 sixer (the important mods are in my sig.. the ones not included are performance tune w 93 octane (X-CAL 3 tuner), CAI, EGR delete, rear seat delete and cosmetic mods obv.) I do most of the work myself with some help of course, and yes my avatar is me.

I see there are a lot more girls on this forum than I expected, good to see women holding there own in a man's world, although I would like to see more performance mods rather than cosmetic but I'm not one to judge.

Quick note: I have a 218.226 .55/.55 108lsa cam getting ready to go in, any suggestions on valve springs/roller rockers? Haven't bought any of that stuff yet and I can't make a decision on what I want.. Thanks!

Pics of my darlin':

Heatherlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: New V6 girl from Texas :)

Is that a roller?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #3

as in..?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

So whats your best time at the track?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:11 AM   #5

I haven't ran her actually, I'm waiting on my long tubes and that cam then I'll take her to Navasota and run their 8th mile strip. I'll keep y'all posted

Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Regular

Cool, not sure if you know but my buddy runs Texas Mustang Forums | LoneStarStangs if you haven't seen it. Its based out of San Antonio.

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #7

Haha I'm registering right now
How ironic

Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherlynne View Post
Haha I'm registering right now
How ironic
Good site. Bandit is a good guy.

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #9

Hopefully I'll get to meet him Nice to meet you btw, whatcha doin' up so late? or is it not late wherever you are

Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Hopefully I'll get to meet him Nice to meet you btw, whatcha doin' up so late? or is it not late wherever you are
Its late to most people. To me its just another day. My job is this site. What's your excuse?

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 03:40 AM   #11

Meh, insomniac <-- thats how I feel lol

What did that guy mean by "Is that a roller?" wtf does he not know that his own car has roller rockers? Or am I completely off..?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #12
Regular

I don't have a clue what he is talking about

Reddit
Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Meh, insomniac <-- thats how I feel lol

What did that guy mean by "Is that a roller?" wtf does he not know that his own car has roller rockers? Or am I completely off..?
Don't worry, he's our village Idiot. He probably doesn't even know what makes it a roller motor.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

welcome, nice car I see you went with a windstar intake. My local club has many girls as well, its great to see all driving Mustangs and enjoying them, even better when they are modded. Glad you signed up. Also, you will find a friend V6 environment as this site started out in the v6 world and I myself have owned a 97 and an 01 v6 before my current car both of which I miss
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Welcome, girl! Love your Sixxer!

Performance mods on the way with mine and I'm trying to get a Fox Hatch GT by Christmas. I do love performance myself. Just because my DD is mainly cosmetic now, doesn't mean I'm not interested or have plans for her.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

to the forum.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

welcome from another girl on the site!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Welcome! Looks as if you have some knowledge as well, I look forward to seeing you contribute!
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Its nice to see more people from Texas on this site.
Steeda Short Shift
Flowmasters
Stage 2 clutch
01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

welcome!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
Don't worry, he's our village Idiot. He probably doesn't even know what makes it a roller motor.

the wheels right?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Welcome, girl! Love your Sixxer!

Performance mods on the way with mine and I'm trying to get a Fox Hatch GT by Christmas. I do love performance myself. Just because my DD is mainly cosmetic now, doesn't mean I'm not interested or have plans for her.
Awesome! lol I was more refering to the girl w the pink decals and whatnot.. I don't think pink should ever be put on a Mustang unless it's Molly's saleen (OMG http://www.mustangevolution.com/20070718449/ ) But again that'a just my opinion, I don't mean to hate lol

I'm glad to see you have plans for her, is she a sixer too? Let me know if you need help, guys can be jerks when girls ask for help with this stuff, well from what I've seen on other forums anyway, I haven't been on this one long enough to judge So far everyone is nice. Feel free to add me on Facebook, Heatherlynne2008@yahoo.com

Thanks you guys for the

Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #23

Quote:

Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome

First of all, WOW You, the car, all of the above, damn

Alright, enough leg humping...here are 2 sites I know of for 3.8 engine performance products. I've heard mixed reviews about both, so hopefully someone with personal experience with them will chime in.

Your cam looks like a lumpy cam, lots of lobe and lopety lope . You'll definitely need new valve springs with that cam.

Super Six Motorsports - V6 products that make your life faster

Tom Morana Racing Engines

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
welcome

First of all, WOW You, the car, all of the above, damn

Alright, enough leg humping...here are 2 sites I know of for 3.8 engine performance products. I've heard mixed reviews about both, so hopefully someone with personal experience with them will chime in.

Your cam looks like a lumpy cam, lots of lobe and lopety lope . You'll definitely need new valve springs with that cam.

Super Six Motorsports - V6 products that make your life faster

Tom Morana Racing Engines
Thank you
I'm just not sure which springs I want, or rather adjustable rockers.. I could use valve springs off of a Z06 but they will have to be changed more often than I'd like were as if I got adjustable rockers, they never have to be changed.. I think anyway, correct me if I'm wrong

Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Welcome girl! That's a very nice Pony! You sound like you really know your cars! That's so awesome! I'm still learning a lot, and this site is definitely good for that!
mustang03ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Asking if it was a roller cam that she bought then i was going to suggest roller rockers n lifters. I didn't know if that was stock on v6's or if they were flat tappet sorry for being an idiot.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
Asking if it was a roller cam that she bought then i was going to suggest roller rockers n lifters. I didn't know if that was stock on v6's or if they were flat tappet sorry for being an idiot.
We still love our village idiot man. Don't worry.

Reddit
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
Awesome! lol I was more refering to the girl w the pink decals and whatnot.. I don't think pink should ever be put on a Mustang unless it's Molly's saleen (OMG Molly-Pop Saleen Mustang ) But again that'a just my opinion, I don't mean to hate lol

I'm glad to see you have plans for her, is she a sixer too? Let me know if you need help, guys can be jerks when girls ask for help with this stuff, well from what I've seen on other forums anyway, I haven't been on this one long enough to judge So far everyone is nice. Feel free to add me on Facebook, Heatherlynne2008@yahoo.com

Thanks you guys for the
I like her. ^^

Haha! I agree! I feel the same way about the pink, but to each their own! And yes Molly's saleen is drool worthy for sure.

Yep, she's a sixxer! My second sixxer. My first one was a black '01 with more performance mods than cosmetic. I fell in love with the Sonic Blue though. I only have a CAI and some minor things right now but I'm looking to get some gears and a tune. I am in love with your car, btw. srsly.

Yeah, I left a previous forum due to a ****** canoe that wouldn't stop bashing me or my car. Glad everyone on here is pretty awesome. I hope you stick around.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I like her. ^^

Haha! I agree! I feel the same way about the pink, but to each their own! And yes Molly's saleen is drool worthy for sure.

Yep, she's a sixxer! My second sixxer. My first one was a black '01 with more performance mods than cosmetic. I fell in love with the Sonic Blue though. I only have a CAI and some minor things right now but I'm looking to get some gears and a tune. I am in love with your car, btw. srsly.

Yeah, I left a previous forum due to a ****** canoe that wouldn't stop bashing me or my car. Glad everyone on here is pretty awesome. I hope you stick around.
I definitely will girly and thanks but its not as amazing in person, haha she needs a lot of work and at the moment she's being neglected because I'm broke as hell. She is actually my first car, I bought her 3 years ago and have no plans to sell, although I'm looking into buying an old '69 fastback and fixing that one up as well. All in good time though.

If you go with gears I would suggest 3.73's if you make any sufficiant power you'll never get traction with 4.10's. I pulled a rearend out of a GT that had been rebuilt w 3.73's but the guy totalled the car and sold it to me for $300. I got a really good deal.

As for the rest of my mods (which not all of them are in my sig. I left out CAI, EGR delete, rear seat delete, performance tune on 93 octane with X-CAL 3 tuner, and cosmetic mods of course) They come slowly but surely, the only bolt on I'm missing is long tube headers which I am anxious to buy Then hopefully Kyle will get his *** to my house and help me install this stupidly huge cam. Makes me excited just thinking about it.

Anyway, Im rambling..

Old 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Its late to most people. To me its just another day. My job is this site. What's your excuse?
So you get paid? So if we don't donate you don't get paid?
CodySchraad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #32
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Welcome to the site.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodySchraad View Post
OMGOSH L♥♥♥♥VE the blue on your stang, it's gorgeous Grabber blue?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodySchraad View Post
I got paid various ways. Thats one of the ways.

Reddit
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #35
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Hook em!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Tags
texas