Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New here

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  sonicpony03 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup guys? Name's Nathan. I own a black 2002 GT. Daily driven.
Mods:
Dark smoked headlights
Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter
BBK CAI
BBK shorty headers
Full length Pacesetter off-road H-pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers
Alpine Cd Player :good:

My intro:
My cousin's '03 GT and working at a Ford dealership is what turned me on to Mustangs. I just got mine back in February after returning from overseas. My original plan was to build it into a racecar, but then I decided it wouldn't be any fun if I could only drive it at the track. Now my goal is to have kind of a show car appeal to it while also being a powerful street machine, so I can drive it daily. Lacking in the mod department at the moment as you can see, but right now I'm at a monetary standstill lol, but you have that sometimes. This car had 100K miles on it when I bought it, now has over 117K.
I'm looking forward to being part of the forums and learning from everyone.

EDIT: Car had two previous owners, both middle aged guys who drove it respectively. It was bone stock when I bought it.

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the site. If i can do anything to help please ask. I have a 1999 GT and trying to make mine into a show stopper and having a little umph would not be bad either. I just like to roll up on an import and let them hear the ROAR of the motor and exhaust as I get the jump on the light because they are mesmerized by the chrome lettering on my rear bumper. C YA.......

#8 ·
I have done some to the interior, but I like the exterior more. I would like to have the motor look as good as some of the pics I see on here. Right now I am at 375hp and 324 lbs torque. which is okay for now but I am still real heavy and need to lighten this beast up.

#15 ·
welcome :good:

Nice looking GT...I also like more subtle, OEM styled additions to the stangs...not a huge fan of the wild body kits.

Looking at your current mod list, gears would probably be the next thing do to...they'll help in the "seat of your pants" department. While you won't actually gain any hp or tq...what power is there will be distributed better throughout the powerband.

Expect to pay 150-200 for the gears and another few hundred for install depending on where you go. You'll want a tuner as well to adjust the speedometer after the gear change.

A tuner will also offer some hp and tq depending on the tune. Generally a higher octane will create more gains but is more expensive and cuts down on mpgs. Expect ~400 for a good handheld tuner with 3 tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.