Mustang Evolution Forum banner

is it possible?

781 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
Is it possible for me to buy a crate engine and drop it in my 05 v6 mustang? I'm not a mechanic so I need some good help and advice. I was either thinking the 302 or the 306. If I have some money saved up might consider the 347. Would I need to buy anything like a transmission that would fit the motor or what? I just bought some jba headers but haven't put them on my car yet. Would them headers fit on the crate engine? Man I'm so clueless. Need some advice from someone who knows what they talking about. I would highly appreciate it. Sometimes having a v6 is such a hassle.

#2 ·
headers no way in hell going from a 6 to an 8. You will need a bellhousing that will bolt the trans to the engine. Wiring will be a comletely different story. But it is possible never heard of someone doing a swap in that new of a car but it can be done but I wouldn't recomend it.

#3 ·
since you have little info on modifying vehicles you will be in over your head until you get some experience. If you modify your 05 V6 by droping in a new motor the resale value will go down drastically.

You pretty much will need the entire drive train (engine, transmission, drive shaft, rear end, computer, and other suspension parts and much much more)

Basically save yourself money, sell your car and buy something else you want like a 05+ GT with the 4.6L and modify that~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.