header problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

header problem

hey guys, new to this forum. got a question. what would be a good header for my 98 gt. have auto trans and having problem finding a good header set for it. any suggestions would help.
michaelsneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: header problem

SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Although, really it depends on what your looking for...

I'm sure someone will chime in with helpful information but I have been through this 100 times. I'll let someone else clue you in so to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Although, really it depends on what your looking for...

I'm sure someone will chime in with helpful information but I have been through this 100 times. I'll let someone else clue you in so to say.
If you've been through it a 100 times, why don't you clue him in? Why hold the knowledge to yourself? It would make for a better post than being condescending to someone who obviously hasn't been through it a 100 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Headers with EGR?

exhaust set-up thoughts

new to the site

Headers or not? Thanks

Headers or not

Exhaust. 1999 3.8L V6.

There are a 1000 more.. some better than others. Oh, and I saw you condencending too about Headers Rob! We all know this is a very common question and someone needs to make a sticky article with a full write up that we can just link over everytime.

IMO I prefer the full bassani set-up (Mid-Length Headers, Off-Road H Pipe, SS Cat Back with 4" Slashed tips)
Old 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

You realize only one of those links relate to his car right? The rest all all for v6s.

I wasn't condescending. I was correcting a badly misinformed person on the the benefits of shorty headers, or lack there of.

This thread was looking for help tho. Yes, he could search, but posting a dead horse pic was pretty dick-ish. We aren't svtp and don't want to be.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Just don't buy cheap no name ones.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You realize only one of those links relate to his car right? The rest all all for v6s.

I wasn't condescending. I was correcting a badly misinformed person on the the benefits of shorty headers, or lack there of.

This thread was looking for help tho. Yes, he could search, but posting a dead horse pic was pretty dick-ish. We aren't svtp and don't want to be.
I just linked a few. Although most of those do have valuable information if he would like to review them. I even have posted information pertaining to his vehicle within the V6 post.

We have had a very high volume of header post within the last few months. I understand most people aren't familiar with forums or even the search feature but it does become a little redundant.

I'm glad I didn't put the Facepalm picture up now....
Old 09-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

V6 mustangs have the room to put mid too long tube headers but the GT with auto trans does not. i have looked at bassani, JBA,PIPES, and BBK short tube headers with x-pipe w/high flow cats and with eather SLP or bassani cat back. i was just wondering if any of you had heared of any mid or long tube thet would fit my DEAD pony. also the picture of the DEAD pony does not really bother me. got used to it at the shop i work at. also my fault, i didn't give more info. and yes it does have EGR.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsneal View Post
V6 mustangs have the room to put mid too long tube headers but the GT with auto trans does not. i have looked at bassani, JBA,PIPES, and BBK short tube headers with x-pipe w/high flow cats and with eather SLP or bassani cat back. i was just wondering if any of you had heared of any mid or long tube thet would fit my DEAD pony. also the picture of the DEAD pony does not really bother me. got used to it at the shop i work at. also my fault, i didn't give more info. and yes it does have EGR.

The picture was refrencing a common saying. "Beating a dead horse" not anything about your car.

While most common name brand long tube headers will fit correctly. Mac, Kooks, American Racing, Bassani, BBK. I have never heard of any problems of long tubes or the midlengths not fitting and have help some buddies install quite a few on all different cars including Fox Bodys, SN-95s, New Edges, and the S197s.

You may run into some individual clearance issues along the k-member, oil filter, and sometimes the steering knuckle.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles

Kookscustomerheader.com -

Two examples.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

hey thanks, sorry for the tude. i just much perfer mid too long tube and had meny a dead end roads, everyone i talked to said it would not work because of clearance problems and was getting discouraged. will have pics up soon. just need to get cable to down load to computer.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsneal View Post
hey thanks, sorry for the tude. i just much perfer mid too long tube and had meny a dead end roads, everyone i talked to said it would not work because of clearance problems and was getting discouraged. will have pics up soon. just need to get cable to down load to computer.
I agree, shorty headers don't usually provide much beneficial power as stockers usually are not too restrictive. Most clearance issues have been solved by these manufactures through R&D or availablity of aftermarket parts to eliminate the issues (steering knuckle is the most common)

If anybody is sorry, I am. I may have sounded like I had an attitude but it was quite the contrary. I was just stabbing a joke. Rob(PureVenom) was upset that I may have scared off a potentially useful future member as we try and help all members equally.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

scared off, nah. you should see the shop i work at. everybody picks and nobody backs off. it's nonstop.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings