Dealer service - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Dealer service

Just took my 2007 to have FFRP hot rod cams installed at the dealership, they quoted me 6 hours labor and 1 week later not yet finished . What do you guys think of this, also should I be worried about the dealership messing up on a Ford part cam install.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Dealer service

A week is highly irregular.......it can be done in a day. Something else is going on.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
A week is highly irregular.......it can be done in a day. Something else is going on.
Seems like whats going on is them working on larger jobs that's all I can say. The service guy told me the tech had 2 tranny jobs to work on before my car gets work on. This is the same dealership I was trying to trade my car in for a 2011 gt cs. The salesman never called me back to tell me if I was approved or not. I think they offer really crappy service. If I keep getting treated like this I honestly am switching over to corvettes, since in that case I wouldn't have to waste my time having retarded mechanics install mods on my car since I will have a car that already has it all. I am honestly thinking of a 2005 to 2006 Z06 for around 40 grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Regular
Supporter

whoa.....whoa......whoa......hold your horses buddy.Dont go defecting on us because of one bad Apple. I personally would have not even considered having them do the install if they already treated me badly when I was trying to purchase a brand new vehicle.Before you jump ship think about it. Sounds like you need to call them and ask if they have even started on the car yet if not tell them you are coming to pick it up because you have someone else who can do the and you are not gonna wait for it to be done on their time. Of course they told you they could do it because they want your money even though they are backed up.Id go call them out on that **** and demand it be done or demand your car back so you can take it elsewhere.
That sucks man,best of luck....

PS.....If you get a vette your hair will fall out,penis will go limp and you will start wearing turtle necks and gold bracelets.......just saying,lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
whoa.....whoa......whoa......hold your horses buddy.Dont go defecting on us because of one bad Apple. I personally would have not even considered having them do the install if they already treated me badly when I was trying to purchase a brand new vehicle.Before you jump ship think about it. Sounds like you need to call them and ask if they have even started on the car yet if not tell them you are coming to pick it up because you have someone else who can do the and you are not gonna wait for it to be done on their time. Of course they told you they could do it because they want your money even though they are backed up.Id go call them out on that **** and demand it be done or demand your car back so you can take it elsewhere.
That sucks man,best of luck....

PS.....If you get a vette your hair will fall out,penis will go limp and you will start wearing turtle necks and gold bracelets.......just saying,lol.
Call them?, oh no I am going there in person tomorrow to see face to face about this issue. And don't worry I will always love mustang GTs. Even if I get a corvette I will also have a 2011 plus GT parked nest to it. Plus the GT is the more rounded car in my opinion. Corvettes for me are only good for occasional rides on weekends or at the track, plus I would get tired of being so low on long trips where as the Mustang is all so comfortable. Oh and did you hear the Stainless works exhaust note on these new 2011 5.0 motors, Dammmnn that sh+++ sounds good.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

Yeah I totally agree with the vette being a non DD buy my 2011 is a non DD also.Im lucky if I get to drive her twice or even once a week.To be honest I'm not a fan of the stainless works on the 2011 but I'm thinking of doing a lethal OR X and BBR tune just for the power gains even though I'm more of a H type of guy.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree with the vette being a non DD buy my 2011 is a non DD also.Im lucky if I get to drive her twice or even once a week.To be honest I'm not a fan of the stainless works on the 2011 but I'm thinking of doing a lethal OR X and BBR tune just for the power gains even though I'm more of a H type of guy.
I just heard their system on youtube, and I love the sound but don't know of their quality, the stores tell me their quality is to die for. Why to you prefer H pipes to x pipes.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911 View Post
I just heard their system on youtube, and I love the sound but don't know of their quality, the stores tell me their quality is to die for. Why to you prefer H pipes to x pipes.

I just like the deeper note of the H.I am not a fan at all of the X because of the rasp but you can YouTube the leathal or x and there is a G.B. 2011 That sounds pretty damn good.I would mainly be doing it for the power gains.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

For a future reference you should never take your car to a dealership for work to be done. They will always charge more than your small garages will.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just like the deeper note of the H.I am not a fan at all of the X because of the rasp but you can YouTube the leathal or x and there is a G.B. 2011 That sounds pretty damn good.I would mainly be doing it for the power gains.
Oh and DDTCM, don't know if I've asked you this already but how much heavier does your 2011gt feel compared to your 07 when pushed on corners with the extra poundage. Ford techs told me both the 2011gt and the 05-09 have the same platform just different engines and body shell as well as interior and so on. Rear suspension is the the same with sways, control arms, pan hard bar. Front struts are different due to engine geometry, and engine bay layout. I was shocked and yet not so shocked when I was told this.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Regular
Supporter

it feel totaly different to me,much tighter and all around performs better.I dont think its the same platform its alot stiffer for one.Who told you it was the same platform? the salesman?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #12

Region: Pennsylvania

I don't know what's going on at the dealer but your money is as good as the next guy. There should not be a waiting period. (Period) I think I would call Ford Direct and voice my displeasure and see if they can light a fire under the dealer's ***. If you can find a really good and dependable garage use them. Also a local garage who is trustworthy will not rape you for service.
Great White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
it feel totaly different to me,much tighter and all around performs better.I dont think its the same platform its alot stiffer for one.Who told you it was the same platform? the salesman?
No I wouldn't ask car salesman for tire size if I had to. Around here car salesman no nothing more than getting you approved and the last one I dealt with sent me an email telling me I was a lot closer to getting the 2011 gt than I think and I did not get approved. So much for that. No this info came from the Ford performance tech who I constantly ask for info about ford products. Also the guys at Roush told me the same when I asked them for suspension fitments.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White View Post
I don't know what's going on at the dealer but your money is as good as the next guy. There should not be a waiting period. (Period) I think I would call Ford Direct and voice my displeasure and see if they can light a fire under the dealer's ***. If you can find a really good and dependable garage use them. Also a local garage who is trustworthy will not rape you for service.
Sounds like a good Idea now that you've mentioned it I am going to call ford on Monday and give them my experience with this dealership. Trust me the way they treated me would make a customer turn away from Ford totally , and I love Mustangs.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Wow! Now that's some funny sh**!! Lmao! I knew a Guy that fit this description and he drove a Vette!!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings