New guy to the stang community. And in need - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #1

Region: California
Question New guy to the stang community. And in need

Hello fellow Mustang owners I just purchased a 2005 mustang gt. I am a perfectionist and there is a squeak from under the hood. I replaced the belt and checked all the pulleys to resecure them. Im also looking for a few hints and help. I know 1 site to really get info that's American muscle. I'm looking to add hp and a couple other things any help or input would be awesom.
Bcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the forum

I just know a few of the simple things to add hp like cold air intake, headers, exhaust and a tune
thts wht I've done to my stang

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcam
Hello fellow Mustang owners I just purchased a 2005 mustang gt. I am a perfectionist and there is a squeak from under the hood. I replaced the belt and checked all the pulleys to resecure them. Im also looking for a few hints and help. I know 1 site to really get info that's American muscle. I'm looking to add hp and a couple other things any help or input would be awesom.
Depends on how much hp you want and how deep your pockets are. You need a game plan.
ibleedblue65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang
Welcome to the forum

I just know a few of the simple things to add hp like cold air intake, headers, exhaust and a tune
thts wht I've done to my stang
I live in California and the stupid laws say I can't have long tube headers I was thinking corsa or Mac for exhaust the if you have a idea witch would be better. Intake tune package if you know a good one and it's a automatic if that helps narrow the search down but I don't think it matters.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue65

Depends on how much hp you want and how deep your pockets are. You need a game plan.
I want 350+\- hp. Pockets are hurting after the purchase but recovering.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #6

This is the only pic I have because this is my first day off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3968820288.png
Views:	115
Size:	688.8 KB
ID:	22809  
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I live in California and the stupid laws say I can't have long tube headers I was thinking corsa or Mac for exhaust the if you have a idea witch would be better. Intake tune package if you know a good one and it's a automatic if that helps narrow the search down but I don't think it matters.
Wow, I'm glad I dnt live in Cali
lol, jk
I dnt have either corsa or mac so idk
I have an auto too and I got my cai at american muscle with an sct tuner

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I want 350+\- hp. Pockets are hurting after the purchase but recovering.
You can get there with bolt ons but probably the best route is forced induction.
ibleedblue65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's an awesome pic!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:

That's an awesome pic!
Thank you do you have a pic of the 67? 67/68 was hands down my favorite years for the stang. I want to get the 67 and put a 351 in.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue65

You can get there with bolt ons but probably the best route is forced induction.
Forced induction. I'll keep that in mind.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #12

Quote:

Wow, I'm glad I dnt live in Cali
lol, jk
I dnt have either corsa or mac so idk
I have an auto too and I got my cai at american muscle with an sct tuner
My buddy has a 05 also auto and he has done alot of mods but isn't helping out with info.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Welcome to the mustang community. Ask a lot of questions. You can learn a lot from the guys on these forums.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My buddy has a 05 also auto and he has done alot of mods but isn't helping out with info.
Well thts not very nice....I try when I can
but I'm still learning too

Adrian
2001 Mustang

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #15

Quote:

Well thts not very nice....I try when I can
but I'm still learning too
It's his second 05 but he tell me a little bit but it goes I have this so don't get it.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thank you do you have a pic of the 67? 67/68 was hands down my favorite years for the stang. I want to get the 67 and put a 351 in.
The 67 is my favorite year also, I want a 67 fastback
I dnt have too many pics but idk how to add it from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110114_210003.png
Views:	1871
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	22810  

Adrian
2001 Mustang

Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yay! The pic got on there! Awesome!!!!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #18

Quote:

The 67 is my favorite year also, I want a 67 fastback
I dnt have too many pics but idk how to add it from my phone
Such beauty. That is my dream car color and all so I bought this knock off and put the black stripes.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: New guy to the stang community. And in need

First welcome to the site, second congrats on the purchase.
The chirping noise? Does it only occur when it starts? (more so when the engine is cold?) If everything else is good (belt wise) it can happen sometimes, mine does that.
Horse power many things, bolt ons--this a touchy subject. I would do those last. Basic things headers, exhaust, Cold air intake, a tune, gears* It all depends on how much money you want to spend. * Gears won't add much to the HP but will make the car much more fun to drive, also help with launching. You've come to the right place.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

welcome aboard...and save for forced induction

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
First welcome to the site, second congrats on the purchase.
The chirping noise? Does it only occur when it starts? (more so when the engine is cold?) If everything else is good (belt wise) it can happen sometimes, mine does that.
Horse power many things, bolt ons--this a touchy subject. I would do those last. Basic things headers, exhaust, Cold air intake, a tune, gears* It all depends on how much money you want to spend. * Gears won't add much to the HP but will make the car much more fun to drive, also help with launching. You've come to the right place.
Yea first start but goes for 30-40 min of driving. The belts new. I'm thinking 4:10 gears not sure what tune and intake probably Mac exhaust. To start.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcam View Post
Yea first start but goes for 30-40 min of driving. The belts new. I'm thinking 4:10 gears not sure what tune and intake probably Mac exhaust. To start.
we can start our own mac exhaust club..trust me..we will b minoritys in here.

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 01-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

we can start our own mac exhaust club..trust me..we will b minoritys in here.
 yea let effin rage.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
 yea let effin rage.
get sum xpipes..u probably cant do off-road in cali..add sum mac mufflers..abd u will b settn off car alrms just idling through parkn lots like me. three alarms go off everytime i start my car in the garage..lol. i try not to start my car after 6pm.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #25
Titus Wadicus
Regular

i also have 24" x4" big wazoo megaphone tips

Old 01-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #26
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

The very first mod for your 05 should be a cai and tune. I would suggest American muscles Bama tunes.Preferably the race tune with the highest octane available to you.I run the 93race tune and love it.If you want a nice sound then do some axelback mufflers,no HP gain and no tuning needed for those.I ran the Mac boomtubes on my 05 & 07 which are pretty loud if you like that.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Welcome to the forum!
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #28

I just want to say thank you all for the info and help on deciding hope to get my exhaust today and tune and intake when I get paid. Gt under pulleys I don't know witch kind to get so I have searching to do.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Steeda Underdrive pulleys are the only pulleys I would use and a ton of others agree on this as well, however be aware if you decide to supercharge you car later those underdrive pulleys will have to be returned to stock. Personally I would save for an affordable blower and call it a day. A lot of us have installed a lot of bolt ons , spent as much money or more than adding a blower and still don't have that much power as a blower or even close. What is you rear end gearing check for a small white tag with the gear ratio written on it on the 8.8 diff housing.
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
From this pic you have a winner here, what is the mileage. At 38000 my car runs like a new car in the engine compartment, sorry I can't say the same for the rear end, broken wheel bearing issue and possible damaged 31 spline axles, nothing that 1300 dollars of my hard earned cash can't fix
MUSPOR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSPOR911
From this pic you have a winner here, what is the mileage. At 38000 my car runs like a new car in the engine compartment, sorry I can't say the same for the rear end, broken wheel bearing issue and possible damaged 31 spline axles, nothing that 1300 dollars of my hard earned cash can't fix
48k miles but is strong on the diff so far. Sorry to hear your pony has a limp. 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to Whicked93Cobra Send a message via Skype™ to Whicked93Cobra

Quote:
48k miles but is strong on the diff so far. Sorry to hear your pony has a limp. 
I'm a big fan of MAC headers. I had equal length on my '93 GT 5.0 and my Cobra came equipped w/unequal MAC headers. What I did to learn real fast was pick up a few Mustang magazines and see what others have on their car, check out ALL the adds, then price check on the net for what you need. Even craigslist too for some stuff as well. My first upgrade GT was a throttle body. Then saved up for a bigger mas air and slapped on a K&N too. It was a night & day difference with the TB upgrade. I'm not familiar with tuning/chipping cars but you are in good hands since others here know about it. Most common things to research, as others have stated in this thread, are as follows:

cold air intake
larger mass air meter
K&N air filter (get rid of your stock air box)
bigger injectors
headers
high flow cats (I too live in CA but these pass smog)
under drive pulleys

It comes down to money, name brand for showing it off, and time well spent researching parts/prices. Only suggestion would be, don't just buy the first thing you come across & if you need help w/name brands, then don't hesitate to ask us.

As for your squeaking, I am the same way & like things quiet. I would suggest feeling around your entire engine bay & firewall, touching everything, looking for anything loose or rubbing. Could be anything from the obvious to possibly something that's in need of being tightened, oiled, or replaced. Could be a bearing going out on a pulley or maybe hood hinges. I would remove the belt and spin the belt tensioner pulley by hand to see if it makes any noise. If you can get through the hands on stuff and it still doesn't go away then that's when you dig deeper. Just my opinion.

Good luck and keep us posted!

As I lay rubber down the street,
I pray for traction I can keep,
But if I spin, and begin to slide,
Please dear God, protect my ride.
Whicked93Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona

i have been looking for a UD pulley that fits the '99 3.8... any help with direction? i checked americanmuscle and gefracing and cant find anything... thank you
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Welcome!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

welcome
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings