Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New kid on the block

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  78survivor 
#1 ·
Hey guys whatsup? The names Conner. 16 years old and looking to get my first car running. Just don't know where to start.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks everyone, yeah I can say I'm pretty proud of my 78, even though it don't run and I don't know what's wrong with it. I just hope I can keep it really. My dads made me post an add selling it on craigslist so he can get me something newer. But I'm not to hot on that idea. I mean how many people these days see a mustang II riding around? I havnt seen a single one other then junked ones in scrapyards. It would feel amazing having it running. A survivor of the times that's for sure. But since he doesnt even want to work on it anymore ( he got it for me for the purpose of us restoring it.go-figure) I don't know where to turn. I don't know to much about cars and what makes them tick so I'm clueless on what to do really. If anyone could point me the right way I would really appreciate it

#11 ·
where do you live? if in texas ill come rebuild the whole motor for you. i dont want to see a nice car like that end up in a junkyard or in the hands of someone who is going to part it out

#13 ·
Dude that really can be a cool car. I wouldn't sell it. And it's probably not worth much if you do. If you can't fix it now, I would store it and repair it slowly. Find something else to drive in the meantime. That is the last year of the II's and is something special. Although a dark time in mustang history, I would love to have it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.