New kid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
New kid

Hi everyone,
I am a 16 year old looking to buy a mustang as a first car. I have always loved the look of them. I need help on some basic decisions like which mustang would be best for me. A 05-08 v6 or a 99-04 gt?
DA BEAST7524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Tennessee
Re: New kid

honestly buy the v6....your 16 so you don't need power...at your age all you need is a car that looks good and that will get you around...plus with the right visuals you'll get all the ladies
SonicBoom239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Welcome to ME!

Find a clean, stock, low mileage GT and take care of it. It will last you a long time and you won't find yourself wishing you'd got the GT in 6 months. Plus you will have something worth modding for drag racing or auto x. The main thing is clean, stock and low miles this way you can mod to your liking.

Again welcome to the site! enjoy!
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Welcome! You've come to right place! Good luck on you're search.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
Road Trip!

OP let me ask you 2 questions...

1. are you buying this or your parents

2. what are the insurance costs...that's a good starting point to help your choice.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

be careful on the road
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

my first stang was a v6... swore up and down that if i ever bought one again it'd be a GT!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Coming from another teen stang driver be careful on the roads if you get a GT especially if its rainy... just about wrecked yesterday in the rain.....
Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
Coming from another teen stang driver be careful on the roads if you get a GT especially if its rainy... just about wrecked yesterday in the rain.....
Thanks for the advice
DA BEAST7524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Filibuster

Get the the GT and be a good owner drive responsibly and take it to the track...you'll be much happier IMO a few years down the road that you had the GT!..
I wont knock down a v6 but there will always be that moment you think you should have gotten the GT....good luck with your search!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA BEAST7524 View Post
Thanks for the advice
Worst part was I wasn't even playing around but I know the cops would have said otherwise...Teen driver in a mustang. We all know what they think about that. Performance tires + rain + unexpected turns= Soiled pants
Old 12-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Get the the GT and be a good owner drive responsibly and take it to the track...you'll be much happier IMO a few years down the road that you had the GT!..
I wont knock down a v6 but there will always be that moment you think you should have gotten the GT....good luck with your search!..
lol i sold my '04 GT for another '04 V6
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #13
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom239

lol i sold my '04 GT for another '04 V6
To each his own!..like I said ill never knock down a sixxer...just sayin IMO ill take the two extra cylinders!..
Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
To each his own!..like I said ill never knock down a sixxer...just sayin IMO ill take the two extra cylinders!..
i'll take which ever has the better options, and mileage....
Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom239

i'll take which ever has the better options, and mileage....
V8 is a GOOD option!..lol
Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Dude, get a v8 if u can. You'll regret not gettin it later. I never understood why Anyone would ever buy a mustang v6. Your going to get about the same amount of gas milage anyway. Also the insurance will be higher on the 6 compared to 99-04. And the options are all the same. No offense btw. Just personal opinion.

RESPECT its power, i can't stress that enough. I wrapped so many cars at your age haha. Lucky they wern't mine.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

The 99-04 gts are cheaper, is a better body style in my opinion, less insurance rates, sounds better, its a v8. And i think they last longer. its a great car to begin in.
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

when i was 16 i had an 2004 V6, its worth heavily modding if it has low mileage, now i'm 17 and have a 2006 V6, wishin' i had more power so at the shows i would be more of a roar than a purr! But hey, it really depends what you're into.

shows? track? modding? ladies? respect? = V8

gas? insurance? parents? don't really care? = V6

Let's just say the only reason i have a sixxer is because parents wouldn't let me get a GT, even though i had the money!
Shoot id say get the 99-04 GT, mod it, make memories, learn on it. Then when you have the money buy a 05-09 GT, make some serious power with it, show it off, and prevent all the little "oopsies!" you might have that you already went through with the 99-04 GT.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
when i was 16 i had an 2004 V6, its worth heavily modding if it has low mileage, now i'm 17 and have a 2006 V6, wishin' i had more power so at the shows i would be more of a roar than a purr! But hey, it really depends what you're into.

shows? track? modding? ladies? respect? = V8

gas? insurance? parents? don't really care? = V6

Let's just say the only reason i have a sixxer is because parents wouldn't let me get a GT, even though i had the money!
Shoot id say get the 99-04 GT, mod it, make memories, learn on it. Then when you have the money buy a 05-09 GT, make some serious power with it, show it off, and prevent all the little "oopsies!" you might have that you already went through with the 99-04 GT.
Well said bro.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Hey man I'm 16 as well and if u really feel safe enough driving a gt then go for it dude I loved my 96 gt. Loved the power so much I got my cobra 8 months later lol Ive driven my friends 97 v6 (pretty highly modded) and its a good and fun car to drive but u just can't compare it too the gt but of course it just adds to the responsibility on your end. So if u feel responsible enough to drive a gt and can get it then I say go for it. You won't regret it. But like the fellow members already said make sure it's in good shape and low miles.
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Ha!... NEMESIS!..

Nah its cool that you're a bro now!!..I can tell my friends that im losing MOTM to a bro with a V8!!...haha jk jk!..
Chicks with d__ks ewwwww!!!..
jk again sorry hehe NEMESISSS!!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Im 17 and I have a 2004 v6 sonic blue mustang, I got this when I was 16, my dad bought it for me. Now I'm really wishing I had a GT. I want to save money and get a 2004 sonic blue manual GT but I'm having troubles convincing my dad to let me buy it. He says the insurance would be way too high, but im told it isnt that different from the v6. So I'm only buying stuff like rims and lights for my car for appearance that I can take off if I buy a GT and add to that.
I suggest getting a GT trust me you will love it. And the 99-04 style is probably my favorite one.. They are starting to get too bulky now a days and a nice slim 99-04 mustang GT is perfect
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA BEAST7524
Hi everyone,
I am a 16 year old looking to buy a mustang as a first car. I have always loved the look of them. I need help on some basic decisions like which mustang would be best for me. A 05-08 v6 or a 99-04 gt?
Gt = panty dropper.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg
Dude, get a v8 if u can. You'll regret not gettin it later. I never understood why Anyone would ever buy a mustang v6. Your going to get about the same amount of gas milage anyway. Also the insurance will be higher on the 6 compared to 99-04. And the options are all the same. No offense btw. Just personal opinion.

RESPECT its power, i can't stress that enough. I wrapped so many cars at your age haha. Lucky they wern't mine.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

The 99-04 gts are cheaper, is a better body style in my opinion, less insurance rates, sounds better, its a v8. And i think they last longer. its a great car to begin in.
Because the v6 still puts out 200 hp? Is cheaper on insurance, was cheaper msrp when new, has a muscle car feel to it, and seeing as if there was not a v6 model, there probably would no longer be a mustang logo? Just sayin, dont put down the v6. Plenty of reasons to buy a 6er. Not everyone needs to go fast. Some people just want to look good. 8) not saying dont buy a GT if you can, by all means, buy one. Its the same car, with more pep to it. Who wouldn't want that? Haha
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly the v6 will get you just as many ladies as it would get you with a v8. If your not wishing to modify it then go with the 6. If you are modifying it then get a v8 cause with a cat back, they sound beautiful. I'm a teen just like you but all I could afford is a 00 v6. In my opinion it's got enough power to beat most of the people at my schools cars. I've raced plenty of people and have won all of them.

V6: ladies, better condition, lower miles, better gas mileage. if you need parts, ford has still got em.

V8: great to modify, ladies, power, ford doesn't carry as many part for the 99-04 as they used to
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY

Gt = panty dropper.
Enough said. Lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY

Gt = panty dropper.
Mustangs in general. = panty dropper
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll

Mustangs in general. = panty dropper
Maybe not the ones in the ugly mustang thread lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Maybe not the ones in the ugly mustang thread lol
Hahaha
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

All i know is you can make any car fast. I don't underestimate anything. But Over here your considered a b:tch if you drive a 6. Whats the point, if i wanted a cool looking car id be happy with an integra or a prelude... Which i've both owned... They dont save much gas an it isnt much of a diff in insurance. I guess what i'm getting at here is once you own a car with that much power u can never go back to driving anything else.

On a side note, cars don't close the deal on the ladies, it's swag that closes the deal. Use your brain and charm gentlmen. I'vr never met a girl into a dude just because he drives a v6 stang haha. Wat a joke.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All i know is you can make any car fast. I don't underestimate anything. But Over here your considered a b:tch if you drive a 6. Whats the point, if i wanted a cool looking car id be happy with an integra or a prelude... Which i've both owned... They dont save much gas an it isnt much of a diff in insurance. I guess what i'm getting at here is once you own a car with that much power u can never go back to driving anything else.

On a side note, cars don't close the deal on the ladies, it's swag that closes the deal. Use your brain and charm gentlmen. I'vr never met a girl into a dude just because he drives a v6 stang haha. Wat a joke.
Yeah I agree with the top part. To the last part...haha I have met a few
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Really? Where are these lovely ladies at? Bless their hearts!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Really? Where are these lovely ladies at? Bless their hearts!
Haha I'm 16 charming and handsome man (at least that's what the girls say) lol I can drive my grandmas minivan and pull a girl from my school haha I agree with u tho a car really doesn't have anything to do with it..if a girl wants u she will get in the worse looking car out there
Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Dude, I know that, im 30, i've been a Slut and a perv my entire life. I know how to get some nook.

I'm asking u where the girls are that will give it up strictly because a dude has a v6 mustang, as u said in your previous post. Are we talking about some high school chicks that think because someone has a car they are cool? We must b.. Nvm. I just answered my own question.

Go GT, bare minimum.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude, I know that, im 30, i've been a Slut and a perv my entire life. I know how to get some nook.

I'm asking u where the girls are that will give it up strictly because a dude has a v6 mustang, as u said in your previous post. Are we talking about some high school chicks that think because someone has a car they are cool? We must b.. Nvm. I just answered my own question.

Go GT, bare minimum.
Yes. Horny high school sluts my friend. Lol. High school. That's where. Yeah if your looking for something fast that u can make even faster then you have to get a gt. If u just want to do visual mods and don't care much about how it drives then I guess a v6 is cool for that
Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Yes. Horny high school sluts my friend. Lol. High school. That's where. Yeah if your looking for something fast that u can make even faster then you have to get a gt. If u just want to do visual mods and don't care much about how it drives then I guess a v6 is cool for that
Oh my.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings