1st Car 01' GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
1st Car 01' GT

My name is Brett and I just got my license and my 1st car! It's a 2001 Mustang GT.
The car is perfect for me exactly how I wanted it.
Also have a 69' mustang Fastback that's a work and progress.
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT
My name is Brett and I just got my license and my 1st car! It's a 2001 Mustang GT.
The car is perfect for me exactly how I wanted it.
Also have a 69' mustang Fastback that's a work and progress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3836545928.png
Views:	140
Size:	876.6 KB
ID:	40662
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Welcome.. Nice car. Color looks good
BDSA1NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSA1NT
Welcome.. Nice car. Color looks good
Thanks!(:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Ha! Nice, just like my first mustang and current DD. Its a good car, you'll have fun!
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
Ha! Nice, just like my first mustang and current DD. Its a good car, you'll have fun!
I love it it's so fast and I constantly catch people staring at red lights (:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Tennessee
Re: 1st Car 01' GT

lol you have nice parents....keep this in mind when they get older

car looks good but the headlights got to go imo...as for being fast...eh they're fast for someone that just got his first car...but compared to other cars on the road ford could of done a better job.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love it it's so fast and I constantly catch people staring at red lights (:
Haha nice! Let me know if u need any help, I can always look at mine if I don't know the answer. Tell me bout ur 69, I just got a 73, I been trying to get it running lol.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lol you have nice parents....keep this in mind when they get older

car looks good but the headlights got to go imo...as for being fast...eh they're fast for someone that just got his first car...but compared to other cars on the road ford could of done a better job.
Yeah I know I deserved it tho.

The headlights give the car a different look that's what makes my car Stand out from the rest.
& my car already beat a 5.0 2 times so it's pretty fast ima keep modding it

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Haha nice! Let me know if u need any help, I can always look at mine if I don't know the answer. Tell me bout ur 69, I just got a 73, I been trying to get it running lol.
Thanks I appreciate it will do lol

69 has a 289 but me and my pops were planning on swapping it for a 351 windsor
It's grey with black racing stripes sitting on staggerd torque thrust rims
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT View Post
Yeah I know I deserved it tho.

The headlights give the car a different look that's what makes my car Stand out from the rest.
& my car already beat a 5.0 2 times so it's pretty fast ima keep modding it
let me make this easy lol

1. you do not deserve a car...hearing kids say this piss me off because they feel entitled to things. i was raised to bust my *** to get what i want...my children will be raised the same...children who feel entitled are the problem with this country...

2. your headlights make your stang look different yes...but not in the good way

3. you beat a 5.0...i will 100% say that you're talking about fox bodies...which i hate to tell you barely beat stock 99-04 v6's stock for stock.

4. last bit of advice...don't think you are a good driver...you are not
Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ah good engine choice, that's what I'm gonna do sooner or later depending on the current condition of the 351c in it now. If it ends up running fine then ill go ahead and start modding it and wait on the windsor.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Ah good engine choice, that's what I'm gonna do sooner or later depending on the current condition of the 351c in it now. If it ends up running fine then ill go ahead and start modding it and wait on the windsor.
were you thinking about a carb'd or FI 351w build?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

1. you do not deserve a car...hearing kids say this piss me off because they feel entitled to things. i was raised to bust my *** to get what i want...my children will be raised the same...children who feel entitled are the problem with this country...

3. you beat a 5.0...i will 100% say that you're talking about fox bodies...which i hate to tell you barely beat stock 99-04 v6's stock for stock.

1st off you don't know me. So you don't know how hard I bust my *** to get things. So don't be assuming anything because in the end you look stupid

2nd maby from where your from it dosnt look nice but around here it stands out and gets major attention..the good kind.

3rd no it was a 94 5.0

4th like I said you don't know me so you can't really talk.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Heh don't be so quick to judge man, you don't know him. Maybe he saved their lives in a fire lol u don't know. And maybe he is a trained driver and maybe he has some mods that make him faster than a new 5.0 u just don't know! What IS important is that HE is happy with his mustang. Your opinion on his headlights doesn't matter, only his opinion counts.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote:

were you thinking about a carb'd or FI 351w build?
I think FI coz I like better MPGs and I kinda want it to be a DD, what u think?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope you get that 351c running
Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hope you get that 351c running
Me2 ty
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Heh don't be so quick to judge man, you don't know him. Maybe he saved their lives in a fire lol u don't know. And maybe he is a trained driver and maybe he has some mods that make him faster than a new 5.0 u just don't know! What IS important is that HE is happy with his mustang. Your opinion on his headlights doesn't matter, only his opinion counts.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I think FI coz I like better MPGs and I kinda want it to be a DD, what u think?
Exactly I HATE people like that guy.
But it's alright I like when people hate on my car because they're jealous.
He's probably just mad because his car isn't as nice as mine that's why he dosnt have pictures of his stang.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Me2 ty
How long have you been trying to get it running for
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
1st off you don't know me. So you don't know how hard I bust my *** to get things. So don't be assuming anything because in the end you look stupid

2nd maby from where your from it dosnt look nice but around here it stands out and gets major attention..the good kind.

3rd no it was a 94 5.0

4th like I said you don't know me so you can't really talk.

you do know that a 94 has the same 5.0 as a fox...also the sn95s were heavier by a good 500lbs..talking coupe vs coupe...though a 94 does have a slightly better gearing then the fox the weight does not help.

and it doesn't matter if i know you or not...i know you don't deserve a car. no 16-17 year old deserves a car.....what did you get good grades or do all your chores?

also it's your car so keep the headlights...but along with it's strange look understand that the light output just isn't the quality of oem housings or a proper projector retrofit.

@irish....if you're going for a DD then you're on the right path..if you need help let me know. we dropped a FI 351w in an '04 v6 body a year or so ago and i can link you to the install page on another forum

edit...OP if you're looking for pics i'd be glad to pm you them. my last GT was silver so if you're looking for ideas i'm more then happy to help
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly I HATE people like that guy.
But it's alright I like when people hate on my car because they're jealous.
He's probably just mad because his car isn't as nice as mine that's why he dosnt have pictures of his stang.
I don't know, but he's not dumb. I've seen his comments before, he knows he's stuff alright. Definately knows more about performance mods than me.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

you do know that a 94 has the same 5.0 as a fox...also the sn95s were heavier by a good 500lbs..talking coupe vs coupe...though a 94 does have a slightly better gearing then the fox the weight does not help.

and it doesn't matter if i know you or not...i know you don't deserve a car. no 16-17 year old deserves a car.....what did you get good grades or do all your chores?

also it's your car so keep the headlights...but along with it's strange look understand that the light output just isn't the quality of oem housings or a proper projector retrofit.

@irish....if you're going for a DD then you're on the right path..if you need help let me know. we dropped a FI 351w in an '04 v6 body a year or so ago and i can link you to the install page on another forum

edit...OP if you're looking for pics i'd be glad to pm you them. my last GT was silver so if you're looking for ideas i'm more then happy to help
Actually it does matter cuz your making assumptions. I bust my *** to get What I want I don't just have things handed to me. That how I got the car.

The lights were professionally Installed and the output of the light it actually better than the original oem lights.

One question why don't you have your mustang put up?
Embarrassed or what?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
I don't know, but he's not dumb. I've seen his comments before, he knows he's stuff alright. Definately knows more about performance mods than me.
yeah i just come off as an *** when i hear things like "i deserve something"...i guess it's all in how you're brought up. i've never owned a vehicle i didn't pay for including my first...which was paid for with minimum wage salaries ...

i like to stay chill though and help out when i can

@op...the reason i don't post my mustangs is because i don't have enough space in my sig. like i said i use to have a silver GT as well so i'd be more then happy to pm you pics. who knows you might find you like oem headlights better when the car is fully set up
Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how long have you been trying to get it running for
A few days. At first it wouldn't start without starter fluid and the carb leaked. So I changed the year old gas out and rebuilt the carb and now the carb floods. There could still be some bad gas. I know the float is good so its not sunk or anything. Also the heater tube on the choke is broken, I tried fixing that today and realized I don't have the tools to do tubing so ill have to get those tomorrow. Also I'm going to try bleeding the gas line to make sure all the bad gas is out.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Does he talk smack about every car or just mine?
I've read a lot of things before and I havnt seen any other mustang owner hate on another mustang except for this guy.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
I've read a lot of things before and I havnt seen any other mustang owner hate on another mustang except for this guy.
i'm not hating...you thinking i'm hating is just showing your age. i'm stating my opinion on kids thinking they deserve anything to be handed down to them.

@irish...where do you get your parts from. pm me if you shop at Advance Auto and i'll let you know a commercial account you can use to try and save a little. it's a national account...you just have to know the name.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah i just come off as an *** when i hear things like "i deserve something"...i guess it's all in how you're brought up. i've never owned a vehicle i didn't pay for including my first...which was paid for with minimum wage salaries ...

i like to stay chill though and help out when i can
Yah my parents never got me nothin! Hmph! I didn't even get a car till I was 20 coz I was saving for it. All for a p.o.s. cougar.

I would LOVE the help with the swap! I already have a T5 to go in it and I know that will bolt up nice.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Lol he's a lil cocky but not much, you can read all his posts from his profile.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yah my parents never got me nothin! Hmph! I didn't even get a car till I was 20 coz I was saving for it. All for a p.o.s. cougar.

I would LOVE the help with the swap! I already have a T5 to go in it and I know that will bolt up nice.
i pm'd you the link.....no need to put it here
Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i'm not hating...you thinking i'm hating is just showing your age. i'm stating my opinion on kids thinking they deserve anything to be handed down to them.

@irish...where do you get your parts from. pm me if you shop at Advance Auto and i'll let you know a commercial account you can use to try and save a little. it's a national account...you just have to know the name.
That would be awsome, I usually just get whatever is cheaper, usually ends up to be summit racing

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:

i pm'd you the link.....no need to put it here
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Those 69s always are Welcome.. let me know if I, or any of the other members here, can help you with anything..
www.facebook.com/OperationMustang - LIKE the Show
www.Youtube.com/CutUpMan2 - Free How-To Videos
MustangRestoration@Hotmail.com
theStangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Welcome to the site
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings