Nice to meet everyone! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by marissaross

Haha, okay... Yes, it was lowered by the 2nd previous owner before me. Then the last guy got it.. guess it still rode like crap so he had new tires put on it, wore those tires out in a month.. took the car back & they placed the thing to level the tires out then he put another set of new tires on it. Then, I got the car.. still rides a bit bad so I had it checked out & they said the guy that lowered it only did the springs & that was it. They also said it made my current springs bad because of the guy not replacing the other things.. but, its scheduled to have it all replaced next month.

As for the racing chicks, haha.. I don't judge & I don't beg... its lets get it on time or get on somewhere time. If you were close to my town & we raced... I would say yes, you would give me a very embarrassing spanking but, the good thing about me.. I just suck it up & make myself better. Eventually, I would have to find you & return the favor.. even if I got another spanking & had to start forking out money for each race.. I don't give up, haha. Also, I done watched all your videos.. so you wouldn't be someone I would mess with anyways (at the moment) but would later after I get some more experience & get used to my car & maybe a couple of mods, haha...

As for the gears, I done said I don't know alot about these cars.. I raced a 5.0 when I younger, had a little red sports car w/turbo cams that I raced when I was younger till I ripped the tranny out, & now, I have the GT...If it looks fast, I'm racing it no matter whats been done to it. I am learning though, I was even on here earlier researching & reading other forums to try & sound a little smart when someone asks what mine has, haha.. But, I also want to be able to start seeing for myself what a car is stocked with instead of guessing. The gears you & the others are talking about is something I plan on asking my mechanic about though.. I'm interested! (:
Haha. Awesome.

Well be sure to ask any questions to us. We'll generally be able to answer them.

And on the topic of your gear swap; don't overpay! Parts will cost you roughly $250(gears, rebuild kit) and labor should be between $300-$450 from a shop. Not anymore. Shop around if your mechanic tells you otherwise.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #37

Region: Georgia
Re: Nice to meet everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Haha. Awesome.

Well be sure to ask any questions to us. We'll generally be able to answer them.

And on the topic of your gear swap; don't overpay! Parts will cost you roughly $250(gears, rebuild kit) and labor should be between $300-$450 from a shop. Not anymore. Shop around if your mechanic tells you otherwise.
Okay, Thanks again for all the info! Hopefully, I can get everything done within the next few weeks! I do have another question if you or someone else checks back to this forum.. I looked through a few forums on detailing the car & decided to use Meguiars stuff.. I spent about 5 hours doing everything you could possibly to do to the car & it was very, very nice! But, the oxidation in the hood scoop changed a little bit but still very noticeable.. Do you or anyone else know a quick fix? Something that maybe would instantly do the trick? I even checked into getting it painted & everyone says no unless I paint it black.. but, I don't want it black..
marissaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Welcome
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings