new guy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #1

Region: Louisiana
new guy

hey everyone. im ryan. i dont drive a mustang. i have a 2008 mazdaspeed 3. cajun jungleboy told me about the forum at a redlight. thought id join and see if theres any car meets in my area.
CBMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: new guy

Welcome to the site... I wouldn't admit knowing Mikey..
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

welcome!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Welcome to the site... I wouldn't admit knowing Mikey..
i wouldnt say i know him i saw him pass when i was at a redlight and so i turned and ran him down with the hope that he had forced induction on the TC. so i could finally get a good race.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Welcome to the site, I know of a certain V6 mustang around town that'll probably run you...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Hello Ryan, I'm Ryan

Nice to meet you

welcome to the site
Old 01-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

welcome to the site.

i MIGHT be a mazda3 owner sometime within the next year.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #8

sedan or hatch? if hatch go with the mazdaspeed3. you will not regret it. before the speed i had a 2.0 liter mazda 3 slow but fun on the autox course. lots of bracing eibach prokit and 32mm rear swaybar and 29mm front sway bar. and an intake.

So far on the speed3 i have an intake and bov. but theres lots more comming.

someone said something about a V6 mustang that would run me?
i havent ran any mustangs yet. but i have ran a G35 intake exhaust and some wheels, a 350z looked stock, and few others but those are the ones that impressed me. and yes i won. i take that back i ran mustang dont remember the color but it was like a 96ish model gt that really impressed me.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Welcome To M.E. :smoke: We won't hold it against you kinda sorta knowing Mickey

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMS3 View Post
sedan or hatch? if hatch go with the mazdaspeed3. you will not regret it. before the speed i had a 2.0 liter mazda 3 slow but fun on the autox course. lots of bracing eibach prokit and 32mm rear swaybar and 29mm front sway bar. and an intake.

i havent ran any mustangs yet. but i have ran a G35 intake exhaust and some wheels, a 350z looked stock, and few others but those are the ones that impressed me. and yes i won. i take that back i ran mustang dont remember the color but it was like a 96ish model gt that really impressed me.
I think I'm going with the sedan. I might go with the 2.0 just because of fuel efficiency... unless the test drive convinces me that the extra 14 horses are worth sacrificing mpg. And the only V6 mustangs that could beat a speed3 would probably be either heavily modified pre 05s or moderately modified 05+... and even then its a driver's race. I think the new v6s run 15 something quarter miles.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

Howdie
Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

hello
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #13

thanks for the welcomes. any of you louisiana people heading out to import face off february 24th and NPR? (not just imports) but im sure you already know that.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

lol, that's right, Brad! His name is KYLE...haha!

Welcome to the site!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Welcome to the site, I know of a certain V6 mustang around town that'll probably run you...

Quote:

Yes, kyle would definitely run you. I rode in a speed 3 with a dude I used to work with...he tried impressing me with it after hearing about my car.

Pretty peppy for what it is. Kyle would definitely want to run....but if yours runs like my buddies, I think you'll get him unless you suck at shifting (assuming you're manual????)

I wouldn't mind running you...but, we don't need to be wasting gas on silly stuff like that.

But yeah...welcome. We do have get togethers in the area. There's a car club around here but I'll refrain from that one at this time.

Outside of that, Me, Mikey poo (cajun jb), Kyle, Gabe (modular2valve), Louis (hottcobra), and a few others try to get together at least once a month when the weather cooperates for some pics and sometimes to head to the track.

As for the import deal, I won't be going. I've dealt with enough import stuff this past weekend with Mikey helping me pull the drive train out of the project fox...I don't think I could handle an entire event geared toward them....although the chicks wouldn't be a bad thing to go for.

None the less...welcome again. Check out the southwest section as we have an official LA get together thread there. We are also looking to cruise up to LIttle rock the first weekend of june for the kickoff of the Hot Rod Power Tour...we might have free lodgings...so stay tuned. :beer:
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Yes, kyle would definitely run you. I rode in a speed 3 with a dude I used to work with...he tried impressing me with it after hearing about my car.

Pretty peppy for what it is. Kyle would definitely want to run....but if yours runs like my buddies, I think you'll get him unless you suck at shifting (assuming you're manual????)

I wouldn't mind running you...but, we don't need to be wasting gas on silly stuff like that.

But yeah...welcome. We do have get togethers in the area. There's a car club around here but I'll refrain from that one at this time.

Outside of that, Me, Mikey poo (cajun jb), Kyle, Gabe (modular2valve), Louis (hottcobra), and a few others try to get together at least once a month when the weather cooperates for some pics and sometimes to head to the track.

As for the import deal, I won't be going. I've dealt with enough import stuff this past weekend with Mikey helping me pull the drive train out of the project fox...I don't think I could handle an entire event geared toward them....although the chicks wouldn't be a bad thing to go for.

None the less...welcome again. Check out the southwest section as we have an official LA get together thread there. We are also looking to cruise up to LIttle rock the first weekend of june for the kickoff of the Hot Rod Power Tour...we might have free lodgings...so stay tuned. :beer:

thats cool

car club are you reffering to get on it racing?

import face off im looking forward to hot laps dyno and bracket racing. and yeah the chicks are definately gonna be worth it.

and id definately like to check out some of yalls meets.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #17

oh and all of the speed 3's come in 6 speed manuals
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
thats cool

car club are you reffering to get on it racing?

import face off im looking forward to hot laps dyno and bracket racing. and yeah the chicks are definately gonna be worth it.

and id definately like to check out some of yalls meets.
No, get on it is pretty much all gm guys from what I saw way back when I was out there. The club I'm referring to is mostly fast and the furious wanna be's all worked up over their dyno numbers getting their panties in a wad when someone sees their dyno chart and and is able to compare it to their own. Personally, I think they need to get some more parts over nighted from japan...but that's just me.

But yeah, we are about due for another get together...the car club might get together as well...but the group of us from this site are due since we have been roping in new members too.

Actually, most of the members of the club are pretty good...there are just a couple members that think their cars are more then they are and that they are top secret as if no one knows what different mods on 03/04 cobras make.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #19

not in to all of that ricey fast and the furious type cars. i perfer all go only show being well tint and wheels and not blingy wheels. light wheels performance oriented. ill be the first to say my car is quick. definately not fast. considering im barely faster than stock 350z's. i should be pushing about 280-300 whp by the time im done nothing to crazy. but enough to satisfy me. is your club all mustangs? + cajun's TC? or what ? i run around with alot of the mazda's in the southeast portion of the state. well like 10 of them or so. most are slow as hell some are quick.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Nah, team shocker is pretty much anyone. It's not my club....just one I am part of for the time being.

It has a few built Z06's, several 03/04 cobras (including the whiney ones that think they will become millionaires street racing), an evo, kyle's V6, cajun even though his woman doesn't let him stay at the meetings long, and some others. Pretty much anything goes.

Like I said, most of the guys are cool...but it has that F & F wanna be feel to it at times.

Not sure when the next club meeting is, but if you want to register on their forums it is teamshockerracing.com ....
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #21

checking it out right now.. hmm... some of the names under 1/4 mile times are the same as some on the get on it racing site.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
checking it out right now.. hmm... some of the names under 1/4 mile times are the same as some on the get on it racing site.
Several are. In fact, a few left get on it due to some drama....kinda like me with shocker...just about tired of the drama myself.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #23

yeah drama sucks one reason why i know longer consider myself in the LMC (louisiana mazda club) i just go to a meet every now and then and post local events that are going on streetunit forum dot com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings