Boosted 4s turned muscle car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Boosted 4s turned muscle car

What's up mustang enthusiasts! Names Jeff from Chesapeake Virginia area. Just bought myself a 05 GT last Saturday for my 27th birthday, this car makes number 10 for me. Been in and out of the car scenes since I was 20, few of my notable rides 95 talon -> 04 srt-4 -> 04 STi -> 02 Mercedes c230 kompressor (still own currently back home in Mass but will be joining me here in VA as I don't really want to daily drive that stang)

I'm a navy vet, currently working as a supervisor at the navy ship yard. As you can see my fun cars have all been turbo'd 4 bangers and the SC 4 in my merc, I felt like it was time to make the transition to the muscle car world so I traded my 05 zero fun economical toyota matrix for this smile inducing 5 speed GT taking my merc from project car to daily driver and setting this stang up to be a weekend road monster!

Ill be reading as many of the threads as possible and will do my best not to be that guy that asks ever question easily answered via the search function. Any one in the Virginia beach area that likes to meet up and cruise let me know as I enjoy any car event and all makes of enthusiast cars.

Bought her with just about 62000 on the clock, she's a bit rough but I have always said anything that breaks is easily replaced with something faster or nicer haha. She has a few of the common problems that iv been reading about, currently the engine light is on due to the TB codes and the clutch is in pretty rough shape but both problems where negotiated into the contract to be fixed by the dealership. I also have the lose or hanging out drivers door handle problem going to see if I can find one color matched from a junk yard maybe.

For those of you I haven't lost yet do to the intro novel haha my plans right now is basic tune up, fuel cleaning, belt replacement, and optimum battery upgrade so I can go get some stock dyno numbers done. After she's running like a top this summers plans are cat back, bama tuner at the minimum, possibly an H pipe funds allowing, and maybe a used forum intake upgrade. I'm looking for a used intake because eventually I want to put on a cervini ram air hood.

Looking forward to getting to know the community and enjoy a few pics that look like every other stock GT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-807453278.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	584.7 KB
ID:	59664   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3381101252.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	566.2 KB
ID:	59665  

Name:	image-540115894.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	553.4 KB
ID:	59668   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-872877944.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	59670  

Name:	image-3542043926.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	59671  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You came to a great place! And nice chick... I mean ride! It looks good.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mustang
You came to a great place! And nice chick... I mean ride! It looks good.
Haha I new throwing a pic of both my girls would Elicit some response, first one at that way to not disappoint! Haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm up in Richmond and I think I saw another in the same area, not sure though. It's good to get one that hasn't been messed with too much cuz then you know what you're getting into.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I agree anything that would have already been done I would have to have gone through and completely inspected plus if it wasn't what I wanted it would just have been sold off anyway haha
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Boosted 4s turned muscle car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
What's up mustang enthusiasts! Names Jeff from Chesapeake Virginia area. Just bought myself a 05 GT last Saturday for my 27th birthday, this car makes number 10 for me. Been in and out of the car scenes since I was 20, few of my notable rides 95 talon -> 04 srt-4 -> 04 STi -> 02 Mercedes c230 kompressor (still own currently back home in Mass but will be joining me here in VA as I don't really want to daily drive that stang)

I'm a navy vet, currently working as a supervisor at the navy ship yard. As you can see my fun cars have all been turbo'd 4 bangers and the SC 4 in my merc, I felt like it was time to make the transition to the muscle car world so I traded my 05 zero fun economical toyota matrix for this smile inducing 5 speed GT taking my merc from project car to daily driver and setting this stang up to be a weekend road monster!

Ill be reading as many of the threads as possible and will do my best not to be that guy that asks ever question easily answered via the search function. Any one in the Virginia beach area that likes to meet up and cruise let me know as I enjoy any car event and all makes of enthusiast cars.

Bought her with just about 62000 on the clock, she's a bit rough but I have always said anything that breaks is easily replaced with something faster or nicer haha. She has a few of the common problems that iv been reading about, currently the engine light is on due to the TB codes and the clutch is in pretty rough shape but both problems where negotiated into the contract to be fixed by the dealership. I also have the lose or hanging out drivers door handle problem going to see if I can find one color matched from a junk yard maybe.

For those of you I haven't lost yet do to the intro novel haha my plans right now is basic tune up, fuel cleaning, belt replacement, and optimum battery upgrade so I can go get some stock dyno numbers done. After she's running like a top this summers plans are cat back, bama tuner at the minimum, possibly an H pipe funds allowing, and maybe a used forum intake upgrade. I'm looking for a used intake because eventually I want to put on a cervini ram air hood.

Looking forward to getting to know the community and enjoy a few pics that look like every other stock GT
The Kraken,

Welcome to MustangEVO!

You'll find a lot of great reads & meet a ton of great people!

Awesome S197, Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Get out there & enjoy the forum!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Now that's an introduction! Welcome aboard man!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Nice ride bro! Welcome
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum and nice car
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for the welcome Dan and I will definitely be getting with you at some point as AM seems to be a very good resource to utilize and it looks like most my my plans can be carried out with your products

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Now that's an introduction! Welcome aboard man!
Lol thx I felt like more is needed then you typical here's my name here's my car here's my question lol

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Azure and garb thank you for your welcomes and compliment! I look forward to getting to know you all
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings