New from Boston Massachusetts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
New from Boston Massachusetts

Hey guys, my name is Viper and I just brought a 2013 mustang v6 three days ago, shes all black and I named her RAVEN! This is my first mustang and I love the ride! I do plan on doing a lot of modifications and hopefully you guys can help me by giving me advices and your opinions.Thanks guys!
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Welcome.I also have a black 2013 v6.hope you enjoy yours.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
Hey guys, my name is Viper and I just brought a 2013 mustang v6 three days ago, shes all black and I named her RAVEN! This is my first mustang and I love the ride! I do plan on doing a lot of modifications and hopefully you guys can help me by giving me advices and your opinions.Thanks guys!
Welcome to the forums!

Mind your warranty. Oh, and pics!
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
Welcome
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
sLbxO143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whitman, MA
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 410
Welcome also from Boston
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLbxO143
Welcome also from Boston
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! Here is one picture of Raven (teaser)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3693790279.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	73841  
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Welcome
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! Here is one picture of Raven (teaser)
Pretty ride.

Welcome to the forums again. What're your plans for it?

The car, I mean. Not the forum.
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin

Pretty ride.

Welcome to the forums again. What're your plans for it?

The car, I mean. Not the forum.
I wanted to start with an intake but I don't know which one. My friends are all into or have import cars so they can't really help me. Would you guys know any good cold airs? I was told K&N was really good, but I'm up for any brand! I just care more for HP
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
If you want to protect your warranty you'll have to use a CAI that doesn't require a tune. But warning, your HP gains will be minimal.
Welcome aboard.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
If you want to protect your warranty you'll have to use a CAI that doesn't require a tune. But warning, your HP gains will be minimal.
Welcome aboard.
This is the truth. If you want a CAI, you'll have to go non-tune. Anything you do to your ECU, generally speaking and depening on your dealership, will void your warranty. That said, there are some awesome CAI's available which don't need a tune and while your HP gain will be low (generously in the 15-17 HP/ 17/18 torque) you'll notice the difference, I'd wager.

The question should be asked, if you're unsure of what mods you're interested in, what do you want to do with your car? Is she going to be a track monster? A trackday car you DD? A dragstrip devastator or a daily driver you take to the strip from time to time?

In my experience it's best to know what you want first, before you start adding bolt-ins and so forth.

What I'd do, if I were you, is go modest but functional. Look at a no-tune CAI, an axle-back exhaust, or cat-back, (which won't see much power gain but it will make your car feel more mean by virtue of the sound) and then look at upgrading your brakes or suspension as you can often get away with that without hurting your warranty.

OR!

If you don't care about your warranty... heh...
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin

This is the truth. If you want a CAI, you'll have to go non-tune. Anything you do to your ECU, generally speaking and depening on your dealership, will void your warranty. That said, there are some awesome CAI's available which don't need a tune and while your HP gain will be low (generously in the 15-17 HP/ 17/18 torque) you'll notice the difference, I'd wager.

The question should be asked, if you're unsure of what mods you're interested in, what do you want to do with your car? Is she going to be a track monster? A trackday car you DD? A dragstrip devastator or a daily driver you take to the strip from time to time?

In my experience it's best to know what you want first, before you start adding bolt-ins and so forth.

What I'd do, if I were you, is go modest but functional. Look at a no-tune CAI, an axle-back exhaust, or cat-back, (which won't see much power gain but it will make your car feel more mean by virtue of the sound) and then look at upgrading your brakes or suspension as you can often get away with that without hurting your warranty.

OR!

If you don't care about your warranty... heh...
the warranty is very essential to me. So i will be looking forward to a CAI non tune(any suggestions). I take her out daily to work, school an etc. So she is constantly on the highway and traveling. However i do race her sometimes too. Thanks guys for the help!
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
the warranty is very essential to me. So i will be looking forward to a CAI non tune(any suggestions). I take her out daily to work, school an etc. So she is constantly on the highway and traveling. However i do race her sometimes too. Thanks guys for the help!
Awesome. Last question; what's your budget?

With that nailed down, it's Funkytown!
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cranker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 232
Nice looking car. Welcome!
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
ViperTran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin

Awesome. Last question; what's your budget?

With that nailed down, it's Funkytown!
400 the most
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTran View Post
400 the most
BBK Blackout CAI! I've heard great things. You can get it no-tune and it's an easy install... or so I've been told.

Roush Mustang Cold Air Intake Kit (11-13 V6) 421240 - Free Shipping! is the Roush none tune unit.

But you could save yourself a few bucks, another none tune CAI that's gotten pretty great reviews... Airaid Cold Air Intake (11-13 V6) 450-265 - Free Shipping!

Go American Muscle!
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
sLbxO143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whitman, MA
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 410
Have BBK CAI and 78MM TB both from American muscle and I love it
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Hi and welcome
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
CAI and TB are great as a combo install because if you're doing a CAI anyway, the TB is right there. 4 bolts, I think?

Easy.

I want to see a combo pack from AM with CAI, TB, and tuner. Not just two of the three.
__________________
2006 V6 - Black on black. Tints, Louvers, Shorty Antenna and BBK CAI. "We're just getting started folks!"
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Insane4Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 53
Welcome man! Glad theres another Boston guy here
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.