Hello from New Jersey - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post

Yep, the 13 is costing me a few hundred bucks more than some of the 12s I saw heh a lot of solid rebates and incentives.
Eh, who knows by the time I am ready what ill want. I want something NEW.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post

Eh, who knows by the time I am ready what ill want. I want something NEW.
Yea I hear ya. This will be my first new car myself.. 24 years old and in grad school, v6 became a no brainer lol
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I hear ya. This will be my first new car myself.. 24 years old and in grad school, v6 became a no brainer lol
Lol the new 6 bangers are quick. I want a gt or roush though. I'm too picky. I might have to sell my buick and get the extra cash than I can buy what ever I want it the cash from that thing haha
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol the new 6 bangers are quick. I want a gt or roush though. I'm too picky. I might have to sell my buick and get the extra cash than I can buy what ever I want it the cash from that thing haha
I hear ya, just cant beat that torque. The gas, insurance, and up front cost are what I'm faced with for the time being. One day ill grab a 5.0. Plus I like that you can make the v6 as fast as the 5s and still end up cheaper. (Not picking a fight lol)
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya, just cant beat that torque. The gas, insurance, and up front cost are what I'm faced with for the time being. One day ill grab a 5.0. Plus I like that you can make the v6 as fast as the 5s and still end up cheaper. (Not picking a fight lol)
Lol, you can make anything fast now a days
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, you can make anything fast now a days
Yup!

Trying to email local places one last time to see if they will price match before I have to take a hike down to VA lol
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup!

Trying to email local places one last time to see if they will price match before I have to take a hike down to VA lol
Just go to va! Make a weekend trip out of it! Have fun a little.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just go to va! Make a weekend trip out of it! Have fun a little.
I work on Sunday at 530... We (me and the gf) would def make a day of it. I'd still prefer to just price match local and not risk having fees or bs added once ready to buy. We will see what my options even are by the end of today/tomorrow
Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Another rainy day in jersey. Two of my cars getting soaked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-947051652.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	574.6 KB
ID:	92472  
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Talking

Yeah this rain sucks. On a happier note I got word that my '14 5.0 will be delivered march 12!
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Went to hooters yesterday over at Willowbrook...that place destroys my stomach every time lmao so good though.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
Yeah this rain sucks. On a happier note I got word that my '14 5.0 will be delivered march 12!
I'll be in south Lake Tahoe CA for a week at that time haha. When I come back I want to check it out though!
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Drove FOUR hours up to Ithaca NY to potentially purchase a 2013 2.0t Genesis Coupe which was $19,899 with 10k miles. Was an awesome interior, sounded pretty good, automatic (unfortunately), and they ended up refusing to meet me at my price for my Equinox trade in (they offered 9500 initially and I wanted 12,500. After walking out twice, they came to 12, but wouldnt do 12.5) I guess I didnt like the Genesis coupe enough to eat that $500 that they wouldnt throw in.

After test driving it and sleeping on it, I'm glad the deal fell through. The 8 hours of driving sucked, but looking back, the test drive in the v6 mustang 6spd was 10000x more fun. Something about N/A power and the body of the stang. Nothing like it~!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Way to stand firm and not giving in, thats some will power haha. My ETA for my stang is march 12. Anyone wanna get a meet together possibly that weekend? I made an appointment for tints at Tropic Tint in Union march 16th! too soon for tints? nahhhh
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #190

My last 3 vehicles have had tint put on them no later than the day after I bought them lol
Kmastro122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmastro122 View Post
My last 3 vehicles have had tint put on them no later than the day after I bought them lol
You think ill be okay getting them tinted even though its still relatively cold here in NJ. ~40 degrees. Also, im debating on what % tint to get, im between 5% and 15%. I have 25% on my TBSS and thats a little light for me. guess ill have to decide when i get there
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #192

Good point, come to think of it I think my last few vehicles were purchased in the spring. My mustang, and previous stangs have 5% on the rear and 15% on the front. Looks great from the outside but tough to see out of at night, when backing up etc. I have 20% on my pick up, it matched best with the factory rear tints. I think it's a good median. Still see out pretty good and just dark enough that people have a hard time seeing in. I would use the 20% again.
Kmastro122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Way to stand firm and not giving in, thats some will power haha. My ETA for my stang is march 12. Anyone wanna get a meet together possibly that weekend? I made an appointment for tints at Tropic Tint in Union march 16th! too soon for tints? nahhhh
Thanks man, wasnt easy! Its worth it knowing ill have a stang instead of a genesis. Let me know how those tints come out . My buddy wants some on his new charger too
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good point, come to think of it I think my last few vehicles were purchased in the spring. My mustang, and previous stangs have 5% on the rear and 15% on the front. Looks great from the outside but tough to see out of at night, when backing up etc. I have 20% on my pick up, it matched best with the factory rear tints. I think it's a good median. Still see out pretty good and just dark enough that people have a hard time seeing in. I would use the 20% again.
Yeah i might go 15% i fear that 5% with be a PITA to see out of. I have trouble with the 25% thats on my TBSS now. I find myself rolling down the window sometimes to see out the side view mirrow when backing up at night haha. I have to go to the shop and see then go from there.

Quote:
Thanks man, wasnt easy! Its worth it knowing ill have a stang instead of a genesis. Let me know how those tints come out . My buddy wants some on his new charger too
I could imagine how hard it was, but you were the bigger man, dont let a dealer push you around not worth it. Im sure youll be getting some calls this week they that can miraculously do the deal now.. screw them get the stang and be happy If your friend is in the northern nj area i heard nothing but great things about Tropic Tint in Union. they quoted me at 220 for all the windows cept windshield for any % tint I want with a lifetime warranty. Im gonna say 200 cash and see what they say.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah i might go 15% i fear that 5% with be a PITA to see out of. I have trouble with the 25% thats on my TBSS now. I find myself rolling down the window sometimes to see out the side view mirrow when backing up at night haha. I have to go to the shop and see then go from there.

I could imagine how hard it was, but you were the bigger man, dont let a dealer push you around not worth it. Im sure youll be getting some calls this week they that can miraculously do the deal now.. screw them get the stang and be happy If your friend is in the northern nj area i heard nothing but great things about Tropic Tint in Union. they quoted me at 220 for all the windows cept windshield for any % tint I want with a lifetime warranty. Im gonna say 200 cash and see what they say.
Yeah we are both Passaic county so ill definitely pass the word on. That's an awesome deal man
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

To my Jersey crew!!!

I am waiting on bill of sale, odometer reads, etc. to be FedEx'ed to me, then driving down with signed papers (going on parents insurance) for my 2014 black v6 mustang!!!!

Cant freakin wait, came out a little over $20k OTD afterr they over-valued my trade-in.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To my Jersey crew!!!

I am waiting on bill of sale, odometer reads, etc. to be FedEx'ed to me, then driving down with signed papers (going on parents insurance) for my 2014 black v6 mustang!!!!

Cant freakin wait, came out a little over $20k OTD afterr they over-valued my trade-in.
and thats what i like to hear man. Bet you didn't know you just took on a part time job, keeping that black stang looking pretty It all seriousness nothing beats a clean black mustang. I would of went black but my TBSS is black and i wanted to change it up a bit. Again, we should get some jersey mustangers together and set up some meets in the spring/summer
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

and thats what i like to hear man. Bet you didn't know you just took on a part time job, keeping that black stang looking pretty It all seriousness nothing beats a clean black mustang. I would of went black but my TBSS is black and i wanted to change it up a bit. Again, we should get some jersey mustangers together and set up some meets in the spring/summer
I'm down!. Even if we just meet up for some drinks and grub and talk aboutout cars. I'd enjoy learning from you guys. TBSS dammnm lol. Wtf you need a mustang for?!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

To bang those gears man. I want a muscle/sports car for a change, and something a bit faster. and im down for some drinks. Hooters in wayne i no is a good spot to hang out.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To bang those gears man. I want a muscle/sports car for a change, and something a bit faster. and im down for some drinks. Hooters in wayne i no is a good spot to hang out.
I live 20 mins from willowbrook lol I'm there all the time. Faster than Ur TB.... U have a GT? I'm doing tints and some plastidip work and then chillin for a while to save
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

Yessir, gt is being delivered as we speak. Eta got changed from march 12 to the 19 :/. This wait is killing me. Yup the hooters is right by the willowbrook mall. I'm 10 - 15 minutes from there
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yessir, gt is being delivered as we speak. Eta got changed from march 12 to the 19 :/. This wait is killing me. Yup the hooters is right by the willowbrook mall. I'm 10 - 15 minutes from there
Very nice man. Ive been goin to that Hooters since I was in highschool at Depaul in Wayne lol Cant beat those wings...although I've heard good things about Buffalo Wild Wings, and theres a new one over in Roackaway.

Have a TBSS, want something faster...Buy a GT haha badass

Have anything in store for it mod wise?

You must be counting down the days until she arrives. I'll be getting mine the 16th if everything goes as planned. V6 though, so I'll be the little bro of the pack I guess
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Very nice man. Ive been goin to that Hooters since I was in highschool at Depaul in Wayne lol Cant beat those wings...although I've heard good things about Buffalo Wild Wings, and theres a new one over in Roackaway.

Have a TBSS, want something faster...Buy a GT haha badass

Have anything in store for it mod wise?

You must be counting down the days until she arrives. I'll be getting mine the 16th if everything goes as planned. V6 though, so I'll be the little bro of the pack I guess
I just graduated college in December got my first accounting job so I decided to get a mustang. I no it's not the smartest investment if u can even consider it an investment in the first place lol. My tbss is stock cept for tints and a system which I'm trying to sell. For the mustang I already got floor mats with the 5.0 embroidered on them, Speeddawg shift knob, redline tuning hood struts on order , and a Scott drake black billet 4 inch shorty antenna on order. I'm goingto get in tinted probably the first weekend I get it. Then borla s type quad tip axle backs and gt500 rear valance to start. Cai tune afterwards onces I get use to the car. Psh "little bro of te pack" with 305 horse please, what a good "problem" to have haha.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just graduated college in December got my first accounting job so I decided to get a mustang. I no it's not the smartest investment if u can even consider it an investment in the first place lol. My tbss is stock cept for tints and a system which I'm trying to sell. For the mustang I already got floor mats with the 5.0 embroidered on them, Speeddawg shift knob, redline tuning hood struts on order , and a Scott drake black billet 4 inch shorty antenna on order. I'm goingto get in tinted probably the first weekend I get it. Then borla s type quad tip axle backs and gt500 rear valance to start. Cai tune afterwards onces I get use to the car. Psh "little bro of te pack" with 305 horse please, what a good "problem" to have haha.

Grats on the job man! Good luck sellin that TBSS, I love them. Such a badass car. Sounds like you already have the full blown mod bug before you have your car lol Im going to do some simple plastidipping (not too much cause it starts to look tacky imo) and tints too. Then start saving for the more fun stuff, wheels, gears, driveshaft, cai tune, exhaust.

Yeah its definitely a good problem lol Coming from an 01 3series 323i and now this Chevy Equinox, the 305hp is still like a rocket to me. I graduated in 11', but biology degrees are not known for being that monetarily rewarding, so I'm still trying to work on that. Hopefully pick up a solid research scientist position in the next 5 months and bump the salary up. The cost of grad school sure doesnt help.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Grats on the job man! Good luck sellin that TBSS, I love them. Such a badass car. Sounds like you already have the full blown mod bug before you have your car lol Im going to do some simple plastidipping (not too much cause it starts to look tacky imo) and tints too. Then start saving for the more fun stuff, wheels, gears, driveshaft, cai tune, exhaust.

Yeah its definitely a good problem lol Coming from an 01 3series 323i and now this Chevy Equinox, the 305hp is still like a rocket to me. I graduated in 11', but biology degrees are not known for being that monetarily rewarding, so I'm still trying to work on that. Hopefully pick up a solid research scientist position in the next 5 months and bump the salary up. The cost of grad school sure doesnt help.
Dude believe me the mod bug has definitely got me. My build list on americanmuscle is right around 8k its bad lmao. A little bit at a time. I no what you mean about grad school definitely expensive i may go back for my masters in tax down the road but i wanna pass the CPA first so we shall see. Make sure you post up some pictures when u get ur mustang!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #206

Region: Washington
Welcome!
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
The dealers seem to be giving less and less these days.
SKSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

I just got my trade in overvalued and the car under invoice lol

Just need to find a dealership hungry enough, hang in there.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Haha same here. I feel like I'm in a fish bowl without them
Old 03-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Wheres everyone going for their tints?

Someone suggested tropic tint ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings